Chapter 2

A/N The very fitting song above was sent by Potato_Man9001 Thank you, my dude❤️ I hope I'm not too bad at writing from a guy's POV😅

Thank you, my dude❤️
I hope I'm not too bad at writing from a guy's POV😅

"What were you thinking, boy? What the hell were you going to do?"

He shook my shoulders. Then, everything went black.

***

I rolled onto my side just when nausea hit me.

"Come on; I'll help you."

My legs didn't obey, but he managed to get me to the bathroom. Later, I was in bed again.

***

I woke up to the strongest headache I'd ever had. Wincing at the clarity, I opened my eyes. I had no idea where I was. Then I saw Thierry.

"How are you feeling?"

"My head hurts. Where am I?"

"In my house."

I sat up in bed, realizing he must've undressed me. I had my underwear on, but the rest of my clothes were nowhere to be seen.

"Take this." He handed me a pill and a glass of water.

I swallowed it, hoping that whatever he gave me would make the pain go away.

"Go shower. Can you? If not, I'll help you."

"I think I can, thanks."

It was worse than I thought. As I moved, the room started to spin. I gripped the edge of the bed, not to fall.

Showering turned out to be a hard task, as well. When I was done, I felt slightly better. Back in the room, I sat on the bed, trying to make sense of the reason why I was in Thierry's house. My mind refused to think. Lying down, I felt my eyelids grow heavy, and I drifted off to sleep.

I didn't know how long I slept, but when I opened my eyes, the glowing digits of the clock on the nightstand told me it was eight am.

I felt better until the memories came. The trial. Ellie. The unpaid rent. Going to the beach. Drinking.

Her letter and the painting she gave me.

The pain in my chest was back.

I stared at the ceiling, blinking away the tears. The door to the bedroom opened, and I saw Thierry. Having made his way inside, he moved a chair close to the bed and sat down. He stared at his hands and then looked at me.

"We need to talk."

I sat up. My head no longer hurt, but I felt weak.

"What's the last thing you remember?"