Chapter 32

A/N A long-ish one ahead

A/N A long-ish one ahead. Swipe left for the song. Who else wants that kind of vacation?

October

Two things could be said about the driver who picked us up at the airport. One, he was chatty. And two, he was chatty in French. I let Aiden do the talking, but soon it became apparent I wouldn't get away with keeping quiet. Without realizing how, I ended up engaged in a conversation, poor language skills, and all. It was good the man didn't seem to care in the least.

We'd driven through a city, a village, and the further we'd got, the more obvious it became that the place where we were heading was off the beaten track.

It was still night on the island with six hours time difference between Martinique and Paris. I could barely see what was around me as the way narrowed, and ours seemed to be the only car on the road.

In a while, the vehicle slowed down, coming to a stop in the middle of nowhere, or so it seemed. The driver helped Aiden unload our luggage and pointed ahead of us, saying that whatever place we were going to live in 'was there' before wishing us a good vacation and driving away.

"I hope it's not a prank," I muttered, adjusting the straps of my oversized purse over my shoulder.

"We're in this adventure together, but just in case don't let go of my hand or whatever part of me you can grab." Aiden grinned at me, taking the handles of both our suitcases and rolling them along the gravel path leading to a wooden fence.

"Whatever part?" I asked. "Even the little—"

Aiden choked on his laughter. "Baby, see those bushes over there? Don't give me ideas, or we'll end up getting some loving under the stars, accommodation be damned."

"You're a tease, Aiden Kennedy," I puffed. "First, you torture me on the plane for half of the night; then you talk about some loving when I know I won't get any."

Aiden stopped in his tracks letting go of the suitcases.

"I didn't mean—"

"Yes, you did." He closed the distance between us and lifted me off the ground. I clung to him, my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

"Can we go to those bushes already?" I asked, making Aiden pat my butt before he let out a chuckle.

With me in his arms, he walked to the fence and unlocked the gate with the key he took out of his pocket.

"Wait, so you knew about it?" I said, my eyes huge.

He planted a sound kiss on my cheek, resuming his walk.