Chapter 28

"I've never had such royal treatment

"I've never had such royal treatment." Sky sipped her herbal tea in the beauty salon where we went, courtesy of Victor. He surprised me by calling at midday and saying he was near L'école and wanted to see me.

Aiden told him about the gala, and, coincidence or not, Victor was friends with the owner of this wonderful place.

As a result, here we were, sitting in the lounge chairs after getting the pedicure done. Face masks, manicure, hair, and makeup were also on the list for free.

Sky was giddy with happiness and even more energetic than usual. I went to bed early the previous night as well. Aiden wanted some couple time with me and blackmailed me into cuddling with him instead of studying using the worst kind of puppy eyes.

"How was the roomie after walking in on us?" I asked Sky remembering the unfortunate incident.

"I can't figure him out," Sky puffed, closing the fashion magazine she was skimming through. "He started to grill me about the movie — why I was watching it and why that one in particular."

"Did you tell him it was for me?"

"Of course not! It's not his damn business. What I do shouldn't bother him at all. It was like talking to my father, I swear. I was expecting a lecture about safe sex every minute he spent making those questions. I thought he'd mock me all evening, and instead, he was like 'dudes who make girls do that for them are douchebags, Sky, it's up to the girl to decide whether she wants it or not.'"

I laughed at Sky's mimicking of Liam's voice.

"Well, he's right," I said.

"He is, but why was he even telling me that? I don't have a boyfriend; it's not like there's a line of a hundred guys begging me to sleep with them!"

"Maybe he wants to be more than friends with you?"

Sky sent me a 'you're crazy' look. "He doesn't date, and he made that clear on more than one occasion. He has his job, his routine, I guess he hooks up with someone from time to time. Commitment is not for him, and he doesn't deny it."

"Why isn't it for him?"

Sky rolled her eyes. "Come on, really? He's gorgeous. Nothing will ever happen between us, but I admit he's insanely good-looking. If he wanted a relationship, he could have any girl at 'hello.' In fact, I'm pretty sure he has them at 'hello.' If he's single and discreet about his whereabouts, it's for a reason."

"He's only twenty. Maybe he hasn't met the girl he'd fall in love with."

"Believe me," Sky got up and carefully shoved her feet in a pair of flip flops, "he sure as hell won't fall for me."

I followed her to get the rest of our beauty treatments done, not mentioning Liam anymore.

As I sat in the chair, getting all sorts of products applied to my face, I thought that Aiden was right to be concerned. I did look tired, and I had to use concealer daily when it wasn't something I used to do.