Chapter 31

"Stop it!" Sky giggled once again after Jimmy sang yet another part of a song that had her name in it

"Stop it!" Sky giggled once again after Jimmy sang yet another part of a song that had her name in it. I was surprised he knew so many of them with the word sky. He'd been flirting with my friend non-stop since we went to a small restaurant for dinner, and she seemed to be enjoying it a little too much.

"Someone's pissed," Aiden whispered in my ear.

One didn't have to be a genius to see who he meant. Liam's jaw was clenched tight, and he seemed nothing like the friendly guy I came to know. Even Nick and Jason had noticed his behavior and were exchanging meaningful glances with each other.

The air was thick with tension, but Sky was too oblivious to notice.

"So, Jim, what's next?" Thankfully, Aiden came to the rescue.

Jimmy looked at him. "We're heading back home tomorrow. Man, I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed. Nobody told us this shit would be so exhausting. What about you two?"

"We're going on a trip," I said, "and I have no idea where."

"Knowing Kennedy, it's gonna be somewhere nice, beautiful. We're so damn happy for you. Any chance you two will be home for Christmas? It'd be great to spend some time together."

The truth was, we hadn't talked about Christmas, but my mom mentioned she'd come to visit me with Thierry. I sensed Aiden would be happy to stay in Paris. Going back was easy for me, but after what he'd been through, it'd be much harder for him.

"My mom is coming, so I'm almost sure we're going to be in Paris."

"Me too," Sky said. "My parents wanted me to fly home, but I think I'd rather stay here this time and save them some money. If I'm lucky, I'll see the snow."

The conversation moved to other, more neutral topics. When it was time for dessert, Jimmy called me to accompany him outside. I kissed Aiden on the lips lightly and made my way to the exit.

"You don't smoke," I said as Jimmy and I leaned against the stone column at the entrance. "So, something is up."

"I feel stupid, beautiful."

"Why?"

Jimmy chuckled, shaking his head. "You could've told me Sky was taken."

"I could, but she isn't."

He rolled his eyes.

"I'm serious, Jimmy. She's fresh out of a nasty breakup, she's not dating anyone."

"Does Liam know that?"

After all, Jim did notice.

"They're roommates, but both are single. He's not usually like that, don't take it personally. Liam's actually a super friendly guy, and a good one."

"Yeah, I know. Aiden told me about him. I'll just knock it down a bit. You have to be blind not to see he likes her, and I don't want to get in the middle. I wouldn't want to be on bad terms with Kennedy's good friend."