#9 A NaNoWriMo Novel

Author : ShyGabs aka gabycabezut 

Book Interview on : Turn around

Other Works :

a) Prince with benefits

b) TaKeOuT cHeF

c) A Princessly Connection

d) SeNsInG yOu (on hold)

e) RADIO LOVE (under major editing)

Interview with gabycabezut

 1> When did you first, without hesitation, call yourself a writer?

1) From the moment I first got paid for one of my novels (*from my publisher).

2> What is your most and least favorite part of the writing process?

2) Without hesitation…EDITING…it’s hard. And tiresome. And never ending. Every time I read something, I change something…

3> What inspired you to write turn around?

3) The past year has been one of the hardest. My mom passed away. I stopped writing. There were so many conflicted feelings in me…and a few months later, I wanted to let those feelings go. So, I started turn around. I let my feelings pour into the story. Every moment I felt sad or pained or anguished was put into words…and it helped me cope.

4> Share something with us about Cassandra Taylor.

4) Cassie is a beautiful girl that has low esteem. She doesn’t think much of herself. She sort of punishes herself by keeping away from what she loved most, drawing. And she doesn’t feel like anyone out there could notice her. Not without her superficial mask. So she keeps going because she feels like she owes it to her parents…mostly her Mom.

5> How long does it take you to write a book?

5) Well…now that’s a tough question!  I used to write whenever I had free time…or felt like it. It was some sort of price for me. But now, I’m writing almost daily. I’m thinking aout my stories all the time….and whenever a new idea pops into my head, I write it in a messy little notebook I keep on my purse. So, I can post a chapter in three days or a week. It all depends on if it feels right for me.

6> Did you suffered from writers block while writing this book? How do you deal with such situations?

6) Not really…I paused turn around when I had to edit prince with benefits. Only because I needed to send it to the publisher in a span of time. But turn around has been the first time where words flowed easily. But when I do get writer’s block, I give myself a break. I keep the story on the back of my mind but I stop writing altogether. I read, go out for a walk…stuff like that. Somewhere along this, a couple of ideas pop in my head and I write them 

7> Your most favorite story written by you and why?

7) For the moment being, it has to be turn around. It’s so emotional and so…me…and I think my writing style has improved since I started to write :) But prince with benefits has been so much fun to write…and it’s because of it that I can call myself a writer now, so it has a special place in my heart.

8> How do you use social media to promote your writing?

8) I use twitter, facebook and Instagram. I’m not really into it, though. I think I’m using twitter and Instagram most…I love how you can just write whatever and I love taking pictures (mostly about food…). But in order to get out there a bit more, I’m trying to use twitter constantly.

9> Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

9) *sighs* I’ve learn to let go. To know me and accept myself with every little flaw. I’ve learned to say what I’m feeling to people…because even if they’re not sick, you don0t know if you’re seeing them again. To not take things for granted. And to accept others with their flaws, as well. And I also learned that there are people out there who are going through a rough time as myself…and that sometimes, even a story can help others.

10> How many books have you written? Which is your favorite and why?

10) I’ve finished three so far. I also have three more that are on hold. My favorite for the moment is turn around. It’s been quite liberating and a learning experience. And it’s been a bit hard to let go of it and at the same time, I’m ready to write something funnier like a princessly connection.

11> Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?

11) It depends on how often I post! Hahaha…Seriously, I love wattpad because people who I’ve never met and probably never will have sent me beautiful messages. They helped me in so many ways…and I’ll be eternally grateful to those who take the time to write me a private message or a nice comment on my chapters.

12> Your message to your readers/followers.

12) I love you guys!!!!! I wouldn’t be a writer if it wasn’t for you!! You have no idea how much impact clicking on that vote or follow button actually has! You’ve made my dream come true…so thank you…

 Thank you for Reading. :)