16) He's Gone! :/

Flash Fiction of the Month

Author : Aimee - rosaimee 

Flash Fiction : He's Gone

Summary : He’s Gone!

It was now or never. He was the man I loved and I wanted to be with him. I packed all my things and left everything behind that night. My heart hammered frantically; in the most erratic way as I got closer to the train station. No matter what I'll be with him. My parents will die of shame and grief. They'll be mad, but the decision was already taken. This is what I wanted. He is who I wanted. I paid the taxi, grabbed my luggage and ran to the platform. I searched everywhere. Where was he? I read the numbers in the schedule boards... It was too late. By the time I reached the station, he was gone. Tears rolled down my face. I felt like sinking in wet sands. He didn't wait for me...

***Double Drabble for the Grand Prix Challenge. (136 words) Prompt: "By the time I reached the station, he was gone.                           

Link : http://www.wattpad.com/story/11734742-dripping-muses-random-entries-for-competitions

A  Chat with rosaimee :)

1) What is a flash fiction? How is it different from a short story?

A flash fiction is a short story (sometimes called a short short story) that possess all the elements of literature but its extension varies from 300 words to 1k to 2k, depends on the writer’s criteria. Below that amount of words it’s known as a micro fiction or micro story. There are famous writers who’d written flash fictions. Going back to the Aesop Fables to some of Ernest Hemingway’s works. In Spanish, Argentinian writer Jose Luis Borges is a good example of a flash fiction writer.

2) What are the things one should keep in mind while writing a flash fiction?

I think that when we write a flash fiction we should take in consideration how to develop the short narration in order to be precise and concise. There is no need of extensive dialogues or descriptions. Important words such as verbs and adjectives should be employed with precision. It’s more appealing for the emotions for we must enthrall the reader in just a few sentences. It’s a straight to the point narration.

3) Tell us something about your Flash fictions?

I have just written a few. Most of them created for writing challenges I have joined like The Grand Prix Challenge hosted by the Challenge Corner as well as the Wattpad Wednesday writing challenge, Nine Months Writing Challenge by KarlOConnor, Short Story Writing Challenge hosted by Nyhterides and a The Random Thing Writing Challenge I’m currently hosting. Most of them were inspired in given prompts for those challenges. Most of them are either romantic or paranormal. I like both genres to develop flash fictions because of the drama.

4) What made you chose the title 'Dripping Muses'? Name a Favorite Flash Fiction written by you?

Oh, most of the flash fictions I’ve written are included in The Dripping Muses collection. I chose that title because the stories and poems you will find are a result of the sudden visit of a “muse”. Inspiration can come in so many forms. In this specific case the muse was external and it caused inspiration to flow or drip out like a clear, neat and constant stream of thoughts. Like dripping water or paint; I love comparing writing with painting. Words act like paint… like watercolor filling an empty canvas.

5) Had writing been always on your agenda? When did you actually started writing?

I only wrote a few essays and poems when I was a teenager. I still don’t know why I stopped writing. Actually I’m writing since last August 7, 2013 only in Wattpad. It’s been amazing! I’m rediscovering myself, retaking something I buried a long time ago.

6) How much of writing, according to you, is imagination than real?

I think that all depends on the genre. Non fictional writing or realistic fiction has to do a lot of reality. The rest is what a writer knows to do best: imagine and create. In my case, I write more historical fiction. I try to do an extensive research before I write. Even the story is original, I base it in actual places and characters in history. That adds credibility to the story. Chunks of history are always good to include in any story. That gives a real feeling to the reading experience.

 7) If you were asked to exchange a life with a fictional character, who would you chose and why?

From my stories? Amalthea de Albis. She’s the protagonist of the first novel I wrote, The Maiden Song. I think she has a lot from me. Living in the Middle Ages and meeting both a duke and a price that fell in love with you seems so romantic to me. From another story: Jo March from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Geez! She’s just like me!!! She loves reading and writing and deals with her strong personality! Yes, just like me!

8) Tell us something about yourself.

I am so proud of being Puerto Rican! I am a mother of three: Fernando, Caeli and Gabriel. They are my life! I am thirty-five years old. I work as a school teacher and I live in the country side of the Island. I love chocolate, men, music and coffee (not precisely in that order). I enjoy all manifestations of art. I draw, paint, sing and recently I discovered I love writing too!

9) Do you plan to publish your book?

I wish but I know I need to work a lot with my writing. There’s a lot much more to learn. This a long process and I’m a newborn giving baby steps.

10) Your message to readers/followers.

Write with your heart. Spill your soul on that paper… laptop or tablet. No matter what others say, write what you feel. The rest will come and you will learn on the march.

11) What inspired you to write "He's gone"?

It was a prompt given by the organizers of the Grand Prix Writing Challenge. I thought that the phrase “By the time I reached the station, he was gone” was so romantic and dramatic that it was easy to build an emotional story filled with despair.

12) How far do you agree with leaving your family for your love?

It all depends. If you are sure that person worth it, go ahead! Your happiness is what matters the most.

Thanks so much for the opportunity.

Awwthentic Note : Her Flash Fictions are Great. Must Read and Comment!