6) Photoshop Tips for Amateurs

Awwthentic Photoshop Skills

I will be Publishing this book on Photoshop, as promised to One of my fellow member here. :)

It will be a detail study on Photoshop, which i will update weekly, on a chapter basis, so it is easy for you to understand and follow.

Here is a glimpse of what my book will cover :

This article deals with Working with Images.

1) Select a picture going to the file menu and Open into your Photoshop document.

To Transfer Image, Photoshop provides you with several tools to define selections. The most important are the Marquee, Lasso, and Magic wand.

2) After transferring your image to a new document, Resize it Using Transform tool to adjust for your required size.

3) You can also go for the feather option in both the Marquee and Lasso tools. The Feather option allows you to create a selection outline with soft, feathered edges. 

4) If you need to make a separate selction, to make a box to write something on it then you can do it by holding down the Shift key and then clicking on another part of the image. This lets you build a complex selection incrementally (in case you don't grab everything the first time) and is especially helpful when using the Magic Wand. To subtract from a selection, use the Alt key.

5) Ctrl-D (Deselect) is useful for shortcut, for disappearing your current selection (but not the content inside the selection).

Note : Clicking the eye on the Layer Palette will hide or reveal the layer.

Opacity of the Layer :

When you are working, everything action of yours gets recorded in the Layer Palette. You can use the pallete to set opacity of the Image, if you are blending two images together.

Using the blend modes : 

You can mix images together is by using Photoshop's "blend modes." Blend modes allow you to combine the active layer with underlying pixels to create interesting -- if often unexpected -- effects. The blend modes menu can be found on the Layers palette. Each mode performs the operation its name suggests. Regardless of the type of image you're editing, blend modes are an easy and interesting tool to use.

Transforming hue, saturation, and brightness : 

Transforming color is one of the most useful and powerful features Photoshop contains. It is also one of the most complex. In this section, we will introduce you to some of the most useful operations you can use to change the hue, saturation, and brightness of an image.

Under Image>Adjustments there are several simple commands you can use to control the color of your image.

Brightness/Contrast : This command is easy to use and, as the name implies, can be used to adjust the overall brightness and contrast of your image. Adjust the sliders, and watch the effect they have on your image. A quick and easy way to adjust your image. Levels

Levels : Levels are a more sophisticated way of adjusting the brightness and constrast of your image.

Color Balance : Color Balance controls the overall hue of your image. Hue is "pure color" and is measured on a continuous 360 degree circle. It is probably what you envision when someone uses the word "color." On the right-hand side of the dialogue box are the primary colors: red, green, blue. On the left are the secondary colors: cyan, magenta, yellow. Adjusting the sliders changes the overall balance of color in your image.

Hue/Saturation : Hue/Saturation is a very convenient tool for adjusting you images. The Hue Slider shifts the color spectrum of your image or selection (watch it move on the color bars on the bottom of the dialoge box). The Saturation slider adjusts the amount of color saturation (the intensity of the color). The Lightness slider changes the amount of lights and dark.

Adding text

Photoshop uses a separate dialogue box to control text formatting, and it places text in a layer all its own (this layer is created automatically; you don't need to create one on your own).

To add text to an image, simply click on the type tool and then click on your image. 

As you begin typing your text, you'll see it appear on your image on a new layer. You can make changes in formatting and color as you see how your text relates to the rest of the composition.

If you ever want to change text you've already entered, just double-click on the layer containing that particular text and you can edit it. You can also use your Move tool to move where the text is in the image.

Photoshop Window has a character box in the top panel. You can use that box to change size, font, height, width and gaps of your text.

You can download New Fonts from Web. They are free and very easy to Install.

 To Know More, Check out My Book "Awwthentic Photoshop Skills" :)

 Link : http://www.wattpad.com/story/22004516-awwthentic-photoshop-skills-%C2%A9

EnJoy :))