The Best Thing For Me <3

Interview with Newly Published Author LaurenJ22

1) When did you first, without hesitation, call yourself a writer?

> I still don't really refer to myself as just a 'writer'. It's only been recently (as in the last couple of weeks) that I've actually told people that I do write. For a long time no one really knew except my close friends and family.

2) What inspires you to write?

> Anything can inspire me. All the other amazing authors out there, movies and it could even just be a song lyric which makes me think, 'I would love one of my character's to feel this way' that could inspire me to write a new chapter.

3) Describe your writing style in ten words or less.

> I'm not really sure... but it's simplistic and straight to the point. (went over ten).

4) Give us a quick sneakpeak of the books that you have written.

> Well I've only written one complete one and the other two I'm still working on. So I will provide a summary of my completed one: Emma Ross is a hard-working, quiet girl who tries to stay off the radar. It's all going okay for her until she starts getting along with one of the 'It' boys. Having this happen, comes with drama and pain, is it all worth it? Or it is just best to stay out of it all? As Emma battles with the conflict, which will she choose? It might just be the best thing for her...

5) Which is your favorite book written by you and why?

> So far, Downright Delinquents is my favourite because I can put a bit of mystery, violence and thrill into it more so than the others. I really love horror and things like that, so it's really fun to be able to put bits in that one, but keep it a lightfree romance as well.

6) "The Best Thing For Me' is being published. Congratulations. How was the entire process from getting your book published here into a physical book?

> Thanks! Well I'm really only in the process now. It was really exciting when they messaged me about it being published. At first I was a bit skeptical so of course bombarded my agent with a million and one questions concerning the book. But yeah, it's been really good so far. They're really easy to work with and I haven't had any trouble yet. It's very exciting. :)

7) Can you tell us about the contest you are having for the cover of your book 'The Best thing for Me'?

> It's a contest for the cover of the hard cover of my story (and online version). It is the opportunity for anyone to have a chance at designing. Could really help anyone who is wanting a career in graphic design.

8) How do you use social media to promote your writing?

> I haven't ever used it until recently, which is a promotional strategy for my book being published. I recently just created a facebook page (Lauren Jackson) and have a twitter account (but I don't really know how to use it).

9) How do you develop your plot? Do you outline? If so, to what extent? How much is a surprise to you as you go?

> I never plan any of my stories. I have two going right now and have no idea what's going to happen or how I'm going to end them. I just sit and write whatever comes to mind. So yeah, there are always surprises. I don't know what's going to happen until I write it.

10) Tell us about your favorite character from the books written by you.

> Probably Emma because I can really see parts of myself within with her. Main parts is that she is obsessed with Prison Break and Nutella (yum) but I mainly like her because she is so considerate towards others, even if they have wronged her in the past.

11) What are you working on now? What is your next project?

> I am working on 'Childhood Sweethearts' and 'Downright Delinquents' at the moment. :)

12) Your message to the readers.

> Write because you WANT to and because you LOVE it, not for the popularity and the chance at fame.

Quick Questions:

Book: I still love the Vampire Academy series. I love the main character and her attitude. Still one of my favourite book series ever.

Song: I have so many but my favourite at the moment is 'Don't' by Ed Sheeran. I just like it.

Phrase: "Nothing is impossible. The word itself says 'I'm possible'." I think this is really inspiring and is very relevant to anyone who considers themselves a writer.

Colour: Blue, because I just do.

Time of day: Night because that's when all the exciting things happen.

Fairytale: The Little Mermaid because I still wish I was one.

Feedbacks to this Interview are Welcome.

Enjoy Reading!

Thank you,

Awwthentic~