Waiting for What?

Y/N's POV

     "Gah?!" I shouted, quickly sitting up and looking around. Where the hell am I? The place I was at was pitch black but if you looked closely, there was purple like fire in the darkness. "Jaden? Akiza? Guys?!" I called out, cupping my hands around my mouth to make my voice louder, only hearing my voice echo in the distance. "Where in the name of Ra am I?" I mumbled as I spun around, stopping once I heard something was coming towards me but whatever it was, it sounded huge.

     I spun around again and saw something running towards me but it looked like it was running in slow motion. The thing turned out to be a giant black wolf with red markings all over its body, noticing that it had what looked like chains at its ankles as it charged at me until it eventually stopped right in front of me. I looked up to see it's piercing red eyes staring down at me, feeling my right arm start burning the more he stared down at me. "Gah!" I cried while I gripped my arm as if it'll help stop the burning sensation that was running through my forearm, "The hell is happening to me?!" I cried, as if the giant wolf would give me answers.

     "You will find out soon, Y/N Sennen-Muto." And with that, I woke up screaming, sitting up and looking around my surroundings to see I was in the infirmary room here at the Duel Academy.

     What in Ra's name is happening to me? Did that wolf just talk to me? And how did it even know me?

     I groaned and grabbed my head, feeling like someone hit me with a bus while my arm still felt like it was being burned by an iron or if it was placed over a fire. I lifted up my right sleeve to see an outline of red on my skin but it was only there for a second before I blinked and it was gone. I rubbed a hand up my face and through my hair, trying to calm down my nerves before the infirmary door swung opened and Jaden ran in with the others trailing behind, "Thank Ra, you're ok!" He cried as he pulled me into a bone crushing hug, "Ugh! Jay, pain. In so much pain." I groaned out as he quickly pulled away and apologized. I soon remembered Aster and looked around to see he was standing next to Syrus, holding his hand.

     "Good to see you're back, Destiny Hero." I smiled weakly at him as he smiled widely and raced to my side, pulling me into a softer hug unlike my cousin. "I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you, thank you for saving me, Y/N." He said as I chuckled, "You're my friend and now my family. All of you guys are. I'm always gonna have your backs." Sending them a smile before groaning and swinging my feet over the edge of the bed. "Whoa, slow down, you shouldn't be outta bed right now, Y/N." Yusei said as I shrugged off his statement, "Please, I've been through worse. The aftershock of a Shadow Game is gonna have to try a lot harder if it wants to stop me." I said smugly, "Please don't jinx it." I heard Jesse say as Syrus, Carly, Leo, and Luna agreed.

     I chuckled and felt a hand grab mine, looking to the side to meet the most beautiful light brown eyes that never left my mind since the first day I saw her. Akiza... "Can I talk to her for a second? Alone?" She asked, seeing shock cross everyone's faces, including mine, before everyone agreed and filed out of the room which left me alone with Akiza.

     It was silent for a few seconds before she wrapped her arms around my neck, bringing me into a tight yet soft hug but she still stayed quiet. I was shocked at the sudden action and hesitantly wrapped my arms around her waist, returning the hug while a shaky breath left my lips. We stayed like that for I don't know how long but during those few minutes of me just holding her, I felt like my heart was slowly starting to melt away the ice that made me so cold hearted when it came to falling in love with people.

     I was still hesitant though, I wasn't fully into the idea of me loving again... Not yet, at least, but I'm giving it a try with Akiza and I'm glad she seems patient with me.