Cutting It To Close

Author's Note:

     I just want y'all to know that I'm so sorry for the late update😭 BUT! I was very dedicated to finishing this for you guys that I even stayed up till 5 in the morning the other day 'cause I was in the mood to write for you guys.😌✊🏻 I just love y'all that much. Anyway, hope ya enjoy it!
×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×
Y/N's POV:

     Y/N's LP: 4400
     Zack's LP: 2700

     Once my Synchro monster stood on my field, Zack's face looked like a mixture between shock and anger, which made me hold back the smirk that threatened to come over my face because I knew it would only anger him even more then he already was. Though, that's a risk I'm willing to take since anger would make him sloppy and easier to read. I shook away the thoughts and looked down at my hand to see I still had 'Spirit Magician' (ATK:2500; DEF:2000)(CIMU) and 'Polymerization' while on my field I had 'Edge Slasher'(ATK:2700; DEF:2400)(CIMU), 'Light Magician Boy'(ATK:2500; DEF:2000)(CIMU), and 'The Unknown Archer' (ATK:2500; DEF:1200) (CIMU) but my trap, 'Stealth Attack'(CIMU) was still set on my field.

     I can't mess up yet, I still don't know what his plan is and seeing as I never went up against a deck like this while my dads tried to keep this part of their past hidden so I really didn't know anything. In other words, I was just running blind right into this battle.

     I looked at Zack's field to see he had his Phantom's floating behind him while he had his three 'Necro soldiers' (ATK:0; DEF:0) along with two face downs. "Alright, let's get this over with! 'Edge Slasher', 'Light Magician Boy', and 'Unknown Archer'! Attack his three puppets!" I shouted while my monsters did as I said, rushing over and destroying two puppets but before my Magician Boy could destroy the last one, he stopped and returned to my side, leaving behind the last puppet. "Let me guess," I started as I gritted my teeth together, "'Narrow Corridor'?" I asked, as if I already didn't know the answer that forced my monster to stop in his tracks and return to my side, "Now now, don't look so pissy. This duel is barely getting started, after all." Zack smirked while I rolled my eyes and looked down at my hand, "I'll set a card face down then I'll end my turn." I said while I set my 'Polymerization' face down onto the field, praying that it'll help me out in the long run.

     Zack seemed cocky so I had to really focus on beating him as well as getting him to snap out of this trance that he's under because he may be the only chance that we have at beating Zorc.

     I held my breath as Zack drew a new card, a slightly terrifying smirk made its way to his lips once he saw the new card he held in his hand. I knew this card was the card he needed to finish the combo that Uncle Kura was talking about but the problem is; Am I gonna be able to break it like my Pops did? Pops had Gandora on his side, a monster that destroyed everything on the field, including itself because of its ability but I don't have a single monster like that in my whole deck. Though I do have monsters that have a similar ability, the biggest struggle is to successfully summon them onto my field and not have Zack destroy him. "It's now the beginning of the end, Sennen-Muto, and it starts off with this card." He said as he activated it and it appeared onto the field, "This is my 'Counter Balance' spell card." Zack smirked while I just stared at the card, "Wanna explain what it does?" I questioned which earned a glare but I wasn't phased by it at this point in the duel.

     "With this card in the field, we have to discard the same number of cards as there are monsters on the field." Zack started as my eyes widened and I looked from my deck and then the field, "That means we'll be discarding almost our whole deck! Why would you also do this to yourself?" I questioned as Zack laughed, "Because in order to be included, you have to have a graveyard and if you have forgotten," he held his hands up in the air, motioning up to the phantom monsters that flew around us then he pointed to his Duel Disk, "I don't have a graveyard anymore." He smirked while I growled darkly. I should have known there was gonna be a pain in the ass reason for all these phantoms. "So this is the infamous combo? Thought it would be worse, if I'm being honest." I started, which seemed to slightly annoy Zack, making me smirk at how easy it seemed to piss him off, "Shouldn't you be worried for your beloved Deck? You won't be able to show off your new cards that you were going on about earlier." Zack pointed out while I chuckled, "Let's just see how this goes first, shall we?" I raised an eyebrow then began counting the monsters on Zack's field.