Some Me Time

Author's Note: Happy New years!!!! 🥳🥳

×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×
Y/N's POV:

    After what felt like an hour if driving, I finally found a secret spot on the beach and sat by my Duel Runner, deciding to stay there longer and watch the sunset. I was missing my Turbo Dueling class but I needed a break after what happened with those bullies.

    I felt my pocket vibrate, pulling out my phone to see it was Jaden who was calling me. Debating if I should answer it or not but I eventually ended up answering it anyway because it's Jaden. He'll never stop calling me.

    "Hey Jaden." I mumbled as I watched the sun disappear behind the sea while the sky turned into a pink and orange color, "Hey Y/NN, where are you?" He asked as I sighed, "A secret spot." Was all I said as he chuckled and went quiet. "Why don't you come back to the room already? It's getting dark and I've ordered food for the both of us. I even ordered your favorite from the Take Out place here to make you feel better." He finally spoke, making me smile and chuckle softly. This kid really is caring. "Even my Egg rolls with Sweet and Sour?" I asked as he chuckled, "Even your Egg rolls with your Sweet and Sour." Making my smile widened slightly. "Ok, I'll be there in a few minutes." I said as he told me 'ok, be safe.' before hanging up as I got up from my spot on the sand, dusting myself off and turning to face my bike.

    I grabbed my helmet and sat on my bike before sliding on my helmet, starting my bike and taking off towards the school. When I finally reached the garage, I saw someone standing in my parking spot, which was weird since not many people know that this was my parking spot. Hitting my visor button on the side of my helmet to see it was Akiza, making a smile come onto my face.

    "To what reason do I owe this unexpected visit?" I asked as she crossed her arms but had a small smile on her face nonetheless. "I was worried and came here to see if you were back yet. When I saw your bike still gone, I decided to wait for you." She said which made me tilt my head slightly, "Why? You barely know me though." I stated as I parked my bike and took off my helmet before I turned off my bike and got off, putting my helmet in the seat compartment then turning to look at Akiza, seeing that she was still looking at me.

   "Doesn't mean I don't care, I do consider you a friend." She said. Ouch, that stung.

    Wait, why did it hurt so much being friend zoned? I don't like her, do I? No, I-I can't.

    I shook away the thoughts and faked a smile as I took the keys from my Duel Runner and slide them into my pocket. I walked pasted her and left the parking garage as she followed me, both of us walking in an awkward silence. Well, for me it was awkward. While we walking towards the dorm building, I felt Akiza's hand brush against mine, debating if I would try to hold her hand but I quickly shook away that thought. Why do I even wanna do that?!

     So, instead of holding her hand, I grabbed her pinky with my own to see how she would react but I felt my face heating up and I avoided looking at her.  Eesh, what is wrong with me?! Instead of looking at her, I looked up at the dark sky to see that the stars were finally coming out. I stopped in my tracks and continued to look at the sky, staring at the stars reminded me of my dads and family. I glanced forward to see that Akiza had stopped and was watching me with a soft smile that made my stomach do flips. I returned her smile with a small one as I looked back up into the night sky.

    Soon, lightly breeze came and hit our faces, a small chuckle leaving my lips before I looked down to see Akiza move her hair from her face. Then, she looked back up at the night sky with a wide smile.

    Ra, she looks so beautiful, the way the moonlight hits her face is making her eyes start to sparkle- Ok no stop, she doesn't like you, Sennen-Muto. She likes someone else and she's probably straight anyway... Plus, I can't get hurt, not again.