Getting Used to being Here

×Y/S= Your sexuality
×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×

Y/N's POV:

    I was having a nice dream when my alarm went off, groaning as I debated if I should go back to sleep but I eventually forced myself out of my bed. I looked around to realize I wasn't in my regular bed but just before I could start to freak out and call out for my dads, I saw the Slifer red jacket hanging on the desk chair that was in the room.

    'That's right' I thought, 'I'm at the Duel Academy now…' Swinging my feet over the edge of my bed and looked around again, rubbing my face to get rid of the sleepiness that tried to drag me back to my warm and comfortable bed. 'I wonder if my dads are awake. I forgot to call them when I arrived.' Looking through my closet, I pulled out a pair of light blue ripped jeans, a baggy black shirt, and my black low top Converses. I quickly changed into my clothes and went over to where I left Uncle Seto's present. 

    He had gotten Jaden and I two laptops so that we could video call them every now and then since they are our parents and family but I forgot to give Jaden one yesterday and I haven't even set up mine yet. 'I'll do it after I'm done with classes today.' I thought as I placed the black and white slick laptops onto my desk before walking into my bathroom to brush my teeth, put on deodorant, and put on cologne while making sure my Y/HL Y/HC was out of my face by running a hand through it. I then walked back to my room and grabbed my signature black fingerless gloves along with my Duel Disk and Slifer red jacket.

    I tossed on the red jacket then slid my Duel Disk onto my left arm and grabbed my duel belt, putting it on and making sure both my decks were in the deck holders. I began patting my pockets to make sure that I had my wallet, phone, and keys before I walked out of my room and into the main room as I slid on my gloves while leaving the room, locking it behind me once I double checked that I had everything.

    I was walking around for a while now so I pulled out my phone and looked at the time to see I had at least 10 minutes to get to class. Sighing, I put my phone away and pulled out my schedule from my back right pocket. I looked it over to see I had Dr.Crowler, who was the Obelisk Blue head professor, first; then I had to go to Mr.Sartyr, who was the Ra Yellow head professor; then I had Mr.Banner, the Slifer Red head professor; and lastly I had my Turbo dueling class with Mr.Cook.

     I put away my schedule and started walking towards Dr.Crowler's class but as I rounded the corner, I got tackled by someone which caused us both to go crashing down to the ground with a loud, 'THUMP'. Feeling all the air get knocked out of me as I groaned and blinked a couple times while trying to get air back into my lungs.

   "Akiza! Hey are you ok?" I heard a voice above me, opening my eyes to see a boy with royal blue eyes and black hair with yellow stripes running through them. "Seriously Akiza, you should look where you are going." A boy with yellow hair and purple eyes stated as he stood next to the other guy, hearing some kind of accent from the blonde guy. "Hey, you tackled the new girl!" A boy with light turquoise hair and yellow-green eyes stated while he stood next to a girl that looked like him.

    Maybe they're twins?

    I looked down and saw that the person who tackled me was the same girl from yesterday. Akiza? Yeah, Akiza was her name! She looked up at me and before I could say something, I heard my name being called, tilting my head backwards to see my cousin and his friends running towards me. "Hey Y/NN, are you ok? Here let me help you up." Jaden said as he grabbed me from my under arms and dragged me out from under Akiza before he helped me onto my feet. I gave him a smile then turned towards Akiza and offered her a hand which she looked at for a couple of seconds before hesitantly taking it and letting me help her up to her feet.

    "Sorry, I didn't mean to tackle you down." She paused as she patted herself down before she continued, "Again." She said as she looked away from me which I just shrugged off and chuckled, "It's cool." I smiled but felt two hands clasp onto my right hand, turning to see Jaden smiling at me brightly but his eyes showed something that he tried to hint to me. I just didn't know what. "Come on Y/NN! I wanna go get some food before class starts." Jaden stated as he tugged on my hand which made me smile and shake my head at him, "Jay, we probably only have 5 minutes to get to class, but since I haven't eaten yet either, fuck it. Let's go." I said as he cheered and began dragging me away but a voice made him stop and I felt his hand stiffen at the voice.

    "Are you a Turbo Duelist too?" The boy with black and yellow hair asked as I just nodded and looked at him weirdly which made him smile and hold out his hand, "Hi, the names Yusei Fudo, I'm also a Turbo Duelist along with my friends." He said as he nudged his head towards his group of friends, which included Akiza. "Sorry, it's just I saw your dueling belt and I have one almost the same." Yusei added as I nodded and pieced everything together before I sent him a smile, noting how my cousin had pulled me closer to him.

    "It's nice to meet you all but if Ima get food before class, I gotta go." I said as I felt another person grab my free hand, turning to see it was Syrus. The moment the sentence left my mouth, Jaden and Syrus literally yanked me towards the exit while Jaden's other friends followed close behind, "Jaden Yuki Kaiba-Wheeler, I swear to Ra if you keep yanking me around, I'm going to slap you. The same goes for you, Syrus." I stated, feeling the two boys instantly let go of my arms which made me groan and roll my shoulders to try to ease the pain that the two boys created.

    I looked at my cousin and crossed my arms, looking at him dead serious as he tried to avoid eye contact, "Jay, why are you acting like this? When that Yusei guy spoke you practically froze." Seeing him sigh and stuff his hands into his pockets before meeting my gaze, "Ok ok, you caught me. That's Yusei Fudo, the guy I've been crushing on since I've been here but he probably doesn't even know I exist." Jaden stated as a light blush came over his face. "Aww, Jay. You should have told me, I'm like the person you used to tell everything too." Looking at him as he sighed and nodded, "I know, I know but it's been two years, Y/NN. Two whole years since we've seen each other." He explained as I nodded before bringing him into a side hug.

    "You two make a weird couple." A voice said, making Jaden and I stiffen and pull away to see a boy with black hair getting scowled by a girl with dark blonde hair and light hazle eyes, a boy with blue hair and light green eyes, and a boy with silver hair and blue eyes.

    I shook my head while Jaden rolled his eyes at the black haired boy, "Chazz, weren't you taught to be respectful?" The girl said as the boy rolled his eyes at her. "Y/N, these are my friends, sadly." Jaden said, earning glares from the others as I chuckled softly and shook my head at him. "That's Alexis Rhodes, Aster Phoenix, Jesse Anderson, and Chazz Princeton. You already know Syrus from last night." Jaden said as he pointed to each of his friends before going over behind me and wrapping his arms around my shoulders and laying his head on my right shoulder, "Guys, this is my amazing cousin, Y/N Sennen-Muto." He stated while I put my hands on my hips and smiled as their faces went from shocked to surprised.

    "I'm also a Y/S and you should know that Jay is gay but then again, you thought we were dating, which is funny and a little awkward." I laughed as Jaden agreed, "Well, it's just how you guys acted that kinda confused me." Alexis said as I shrugged. "Jaden and I grew up with each other, from protecting each other from bullies to pulling pranks on our family members. If one of us went down, the other would go down as well, it was like some pact we made when we were kids. We're the only kids in our family so we've always been close." I stated while Jaden once again agreed.

     "Well, now that we got that cleared up, can we please go get food now?" Aster asked as I nodded and with that we all went to go get some food even if we were gonna be late to class

    This was going to be fun. Note my sarcasm.