Chapter 8 - Taehyung's Past

"Yoongi told me.." Jimin sits next to Jungkook in bed. "About Taehyung.. and why he's been acting this way."

"Are you sure you can tell me about this?" Jungkook pouts.

"Yoongi says you should know. So yeah.."

Jungkook nods.

— 3 hours before —

"Taehyung's been through a lot." Yoongi speaks. "3 years ago, he moved into my school. He's always been a quiet person. He doesn't talk much but always has this cool aura around him, everywhere he goes. He's like a magnet. He attracts everyone in our school. Even boys were intrigued by his beauty."

"And then and then?" Jimin asks.

Yoongi takes a sip of his wine.

"Once you start to get to know him, he's actually really friendly. So he had lots of friends. As good as it sounds, there are people who are jealous of him. They hate him for his popularity.. There was this guy called Minjae."

Jimin glares. "Minjae.."

"Do you know who he is?"

"No."

"So.. Minjae asked Taehyung if he wanted to be his friend. Of course, Taehyung said yes. They eventually got very close and did almost everything together. They even went for unplanned sleepovers at night. Because they spend so much time together, people began to wonder if they are dating. Taehyung says that they aren't. But one day, Minjae grabs him and kisses him out of nowhere, in front of a crowd. He caused a scene and Taehyung quickly pushed him away."

"Is he mental?"

"Probably. I remember Taehyung looking like he was about to cry and he tells Minjae to fuck off. But Minjae says stuffs like,"

~ Flashback ~

"Babe, why are you lying to them? How long are you planning to keep our relationship a secret? Forever? Just last night, you told me how much you loved me."

Taehyung was so confused. He tried to explain himself, saying that Minjae was just doing this on purpose, for whatever reason. They weren't dating and he had no idea what Minjae's purpose was.

Was it to make him look like he was ashamed of having a (non-existent) relationship with a guy? That he wanted to keep it a secret? Was it to make him look bad? To make him look like he is a bad guy? Taehyung doesn't know.

"Baby.." Minjae looks at Taehyung, hiding a smirk on his face from the crowd. "You said you loved me."

And Taehyung punched his face real hard.

He walks away and Minjae chases after him. They meet at an empty hallway.

"Why are you doing this to me, Minjae? For what reason? What do you want from me?" Taehyung asks.

"I want you. To disappear. Forever." He replies, leaving Taehyung to cry.

~ End of flashback ~

"I was in the crowd when Minjae kissed him. Minjae must be a dumbass because when they left to talk, I trailed behind them and recorded their entire conversation. I didn't know why I did that, maybe because my instincts were telling me that Taehyung was framed."