Chapter 40 - Apology

The bell rings.

"Can you say it again?"

"You've asked me that for the 3rd time.." Jungkook smiles.

"And you repeated twice.. Say it again." He pouts.

"Do I have to?"

"Yeah." Taehyung pulls Jungkook closer by the waist. "I wanna make sure I heard you right."

"Tae.. there's people everywhere."

"So?"

They hear people cooing at them and Jungkook covers his face with his hands.

"I.. I said I like you.." He hides his face into Taehyung's chest. "I said I like you, alright?"

Taehyung smiles. "Yeah.. can I tell you something too?"

"If you're going to make me feel even more embarrassed than I already am, then no.."

"Oh, but I have to." Taehyung caresses Jungkook's cheeks.

"I had an idea you might have liked me, Jungkook. I had been confused about my own feelings too. When I told you to wait, I wanted to be sure of my own feelings first. During that time, I missed you so much, Jungkook.. more than a normal amount. That's how I knew I really liked you."

Jungkook looks at him with flushed cheeks. "I missed you too." He chuckles.

"I like you, Jungkook."

Jungkook shyly smiles and he nuzzles his face into Taehyung's neck. "Tae.."

"Remember what I told you when we were at Yoongi's room? I said I'll take you away from Jimin."

Jungkook blushes and nods.

"I started having doubts since then. I thought that maybe I was gay.. for you." He smiles and Jungkook hides himself under his neck.

"When I told you to take it as a threat, I meant by taking you away from Jimin. I wanted to have you close to me all the time.. Do I sound selfish?"

Jungkook shyly shakes his head. "I-it's.. sweet.. Taehyung."

"Let me confess?"

"Hm?"

"There were things I wanted to tell you last time but couldn't."

Jungkook slowly nods. Oh god.. what is happening? Is this a dream?

"I'm sorry I was the reason you haven't been eating. I'm sorry I was the reason you couldn't sleep at night. I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you when you're hurting. I hate that, I was the one who hurt you. When all I've ever wanted was to protect you.
I hate to see you get hurt. So please stop hurting. Do that for me, yeah? I want to see you smiling. Will you let me make it up to you? I promise I'll make you happy. I promise I won't hurt you. I promise I'll treat you right. I'll take care of you better than anyone else."

He holds Jungkook's hands and Jungkook looks at him with teary eyes.

"I really like you, Jungkook. Can you forgive me? You mean so, so much to me." He smiles. "That's what I wanted to say at the time." He wipes his wet cheeks.

"W-what's that.." Jungkook sniffles.
"Supposed to mean, Tae?"

"I'm not saying now. But I really wanna take you out on a date." Taehyung smiles. "And when you're ready, I promise I'll take very good care of you. So how's my confession? Is it good?" He chuckles.

Jungkook wraps his arms around his neck.

"Y-you've.. always been good to me.." He sobs into his shirt. "How can I not forgive you? I-i was never mad at you.."

"Really? But I was mad at myself." Taehyung runs his fingers through Jungkook's hair. "I wanted to hit myself for hurting you."

"I-it's okay." Jungkook chuckles. "It was worth it.. You like me now." He shyly says and they both chuckle, totally forgetting that they're hugging in the hallway.

"Mhm.. Is that so?" Taehyung pulls away and cups Jungkook's cheeks.

"I like you." He says again and smiles. Jungkook leans in to capture Taehyung's lips and the crowd gives them a round of applause.

"Wooo!!" The crowd cheered and they shyly pulled away.

"I like you, too, Taehyung."

"Crush " | Taekook 🐰🐯 [completed] जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें