Chapter 27 - Argue

Jungkook pulls Taehyung to an empty hallway.

"A secret?" Taehyung chuckles.

"My classmates are obsessed with you since the day you came to my class."

"Oh."

"They somehow challenged each other. Whoever gets to become your friend first wins and gets to be class president. I told them you aren't the type to befriend people so easily and I think it's stupid cus-"

"It's okay." Taehyung says and Jungkook looks at him with big eyes. "They can try."

"But aren't you annoyed?"

Taehyung shakes his head and Jungkook pouts.

"Why? Is it unfair because I didn't let you so easily?"

"No.." Jungkook smiles. "I'm glad you're talking to more people."

Taehyung smiles. "Yeah."

The following week...

It's been a week and the two had grown distant.

Fuck. What did I do wrong? Taehyung tugs onto his hair.

"Hey." Yoongi sits next to him at the cafeteria. "What's wrong?"

"It's Jungkook."

"What did he do?"

"He's making me worried. We haven't been talking since his sleepover at my place.."

"That's odd."

"What do I do?"

"Have you tried talking to him?"

"I send him a message but he only read."

"What did you say?"

"Hi."

"Well.."

Taehyung pouts.

"Talk to him. In real life."

"I don't know what I did wrong.. I don't know what to say. What do I say?"

"Just go with the flow. There's nothing to be scared of, right? He's your friend."

Taehyung nods. "True.. I'll go talk to him."

Jungkook closes his locker and sees Taehyung standing next to him. "Hi."

Jungkook feels a thump on his chest. "Hi.."

It's been a week since they talked to each other and neither of them know what they're supposed to say.

"Can we talk?" Taehyung asks and Jungkook just nodded. They went to Taehyung's dorm and sat in bed.

"So.." Jungkook begins.

"Are you mad at me?" Taehyung says and Jungkook looks at him with big eyes. "What?"

"Are you?"

Jungkook shakes his head. "No, I'm not. I thought you were the one mad at me."

"What? Why would I be?"

"I don't know.. When you said you wanted to make new friends I was happy for you.. But since then you kinda just.. didn't reach out to me."

"What? Hey." Taehyung holds his hands. "I've been trying to talk to you but you're with Jimin all the time. You seem like you're having fun so.. I didn't want to interrupt."

"What? Interrupt? How are you interrupting me?" Jungkook angry pouts. "Jimin is your friend too. You were surrounded with people all the time, I don't know how to get close to you."

"They're not you."

Jungkook turns bright pink.

"And 90% of them don't even know about me as much as you do." Taehyung wraps his arms around Jungkook's waist and pulls him closer. "So are you still upset?" He moves closer and Jungkook shakes his head.

"N-no.." He looks away, flustered. "Are you?"

"I was worried, dumbass." Taehyung hugs him. "If there's anything else you'd like to say.. tell me. Tell me now. No secrets, alright?"

Jungkook gulps.

"Tae.."

"Hm?"

"Remember that thing I told you? Something I felt guilty about but couldn't tell you.."

"Yeah?"

"Well.." Jungkook clenches onto the hem of his shirt. "I still can't tell you."

Taehyung smiles. "It's okay."

"But there's something else."