Chapter 13 - Date

Taehyung looks away and walks past Jungkook, angry with him.

"Hey!" Jungkook pats onto his shoulder. "You were really cute when you're around kids, you know? Especially when you're smiling." He chuckles and Taehyung swats his hand away.

"What did you call me?"

"Cute."

"Don't you ever call me that."

"Why not? Cute.. but you were really cute with-"

Taehyung shoves the map onto Jungkook's face. "You didn't help me. Don't expect me to talk to you for another year."

"W-what?" Jungkook pouts and stands in front of him. "I'm sorry.. It's cute- No, I mean.."

Taehyung smiles and Jungkook feels a thump on his chest.

"Don't worry. I found a good restaurant by the way. I'm forgiving you just this time." He walks past him. "It's right ahead of us."

"But they were really cute, though, aren't they?!" Jungkook smiles. "I wanted to pinch their cheeks-"

"Yeah. Why not help me out of it next time while you pinch their cheeks, yeah?"

"Next time?" Jungkook smiles. "Is there a next time?"

Taehyung walks away.

"Oh, come on!" Jungkook whines and he pulls onto Taehyung's arm. "Taehyung.."

"Personal space."

"NO."

Taehyung finishes his food and now he's busy staring at Jungkook filling his own stomach.

Jungkook munches his food in happy and Taehyung just quietly observes him.

Jungkook's cheeks were full of food and he gulps. "Why are staring at me like that?"

Taehyung smiles and Jungkook felt his cheeks burn.

"I don't think we need to go to see the fishes anymore."

"Why?" Jungkook mutters.

"I see one puffer fish right here."

Jungkook was supposed to feel offended but he laughs because it was funny. Somehow, seeing Jungkook laugh made Taehyung's heart feel warm. But he doesn't think too much about it.

Taehyung pays for the food and Jungkook has been looking at him with puppy eyes ever since.

"Stop it."

"Why are you paying for everything?" He pouts.

"I was the one who took you out, remember?"

"T-took me out?" Jungkook shyly smiles. "Like.. on a date?"

Taehyung looks at him and walks away.

"Wait- no! Don't be mad!" He hugs his arm.
"I was joking~"

They entered the giant aquarium and Jungkook couldn't get rid of the smile on his face. He walks around here and there, admiring the fishes and reading about them.

Taehyung just follows him everywhere he goes. He looks like he's having a good time.

"Tae!" Jungkook calls and Taehyung blinks.

Did he just called me Tae?

"Look there!" Jungkook points at the shark. "It looks so cute.. can we keep him?" He pouts and Taehyung shakes his head.

"But why?"

"Do you like sharks?"

"No, they're scary! But baby sharks are fine.."

"What's your favorite animal?" That sounds so out of the blue, Taehyung.

"Bunny? Baby tiger cub? Anything cute."

"How about going to see them next time?"

"You.. wanna?" Jungkook smiles and Taehyung didn't say a word. Jungkook pulls him into a hug and Taehyung's eyes widens.

"Hey. Why are you—"

"Thank you.." Jungkook smiles, hugging him tightly. "I had so much fun today. Even though this isn't a date, it felt like it."

"Date?" Taehyung smirks. "Why date?"

"I.." Jungkook's cheeks turn red. "I-i don't know.. nevermind." Jungkook pulls away and he walks to a different side of the aquarium.

"They look even prettier here! Look!" Jungkook grabs Taehyung's hand and Taehyung only follows. "Aren't they pretty?"

"Mmh."

"What does that mean?"

"Hm.."

"I'll take that as a yes."

They got out of the aquarium and Jungkook smiles as he inhales a breath of fresh air.

"It's kinda getting cold now.." Jungkook hugs himself and Taehyung looks at him.

"Hm?"

"Wanna wear my jacket?"

Jungkook's cheeks turn red and he turns away. "No, no! It's not that cold—"

Taehyung puts his jacket over Jungkook and helps him to button it.

Jungkook looks at him with flushed cheeks.

"Wear it properly." He says into his ear and Jungkook froze. "Let's head home. It's almost 5."

Jungkook looks at him and quickly nods, clutching onto the jacket Taehyung had just put over him.

They took the bus to their dorm but it was different this time. There were only a few people so Taehyung sits next to Jungkook.

Jungkook was fast asleep and his head falls onto the other side. Taehyung was slowly getting asleep as the bus halts. Jungkook's head hits against his chest. Taehyung's eyes shot open as he sees Jungkook's face burying into his neck. He smirks.

How easy it is for people to hurt you.. Taehyung sighs. You're so defenseless. He holds him tightly by he shoulder and closes his eyes, heading back to sleep.

Jungkook feels Taehyung's hand around his shoulder and smiles, loving his warmth, loving that he was in Taehyung's embrace like this.