Chapter 34 - Truth

Do I like him? Taehyung sighs.

What if I don't..

I don't wanna hurt him,

I wanna like him.

Taehyung comes out of Yoongi's room and Jungkook comes out his own room.

They looked at each other and Jungkook looks at Taehyung in fear.

"Hi.." Taehyung smiles. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm.." Jungkook gulps.

Taehyung looks behind him. "Is this your room?"

Jungkook froze and Taehyung looks away.

"Right, I'm sorry.. I'll leave."

"Wait.." Jungkook holds his hand. "It's not that I didn't want you here."

"Yeah? It kinda seems like it. You've been living across Yoongi's room all this time and I didn't know . You obviously didn't want me there, right?" Taehyung scoffs. "For whatever reason."

"Taehyung.." Jungkook grits his teeth. It's time.. I'll tell him the truth. "I.. I have something to tell you."

"Yeah?"

"Come in." He pulls Taehyung into his room.

Taehyung kicks his shoes off and smiles as he looks around him. "Your room is nice."

Jungkook stands on his balcony. "Come.."

Taehyung knits his eyebrows but follows him.

"Look across my room."

"What?" Taehyung was confused at this point but he just does what Jungkook says. He looks across his balcony and sees his own room. "Isn't that.."

"Your room? Yeah.."

"What?" Taehyung chuckles. "I don't understand.. We have been living across each other this whole time? Why didn't you tell me? It's awesome, I-"

"Taehyung.." Jungkook holds his hand, eyes welled up in tears. "You don't understand.."

"Jungkook.."

"The reason why I didn't want you here is.. is because.. I have a reason. It's because of this. I knew you lived across me, you just didn't know I lived across you."

Taehyung was lost.

"I.. accidentally saw you.. once. When you.." He squeezes his eyes shut. "Your curtains were open.. and.. they've always been open."

"What?" Taehyung's face turns red.

"I mean.. I saw you when you touch-"

"Stop." Taehyung steps off the balcony. "What do you mean you saw?"

"Taehyung, it was an accident."

"Why didn't you just.. look away?"

"I.. I just.." Jungkook wipes his own tears and pouts. "Why didn't you close your curtains?"