Chapter 38 - Jealous

Taehyung sits in bed and opens the box. He smiles at the sweet scent of freshly-baked cookies. He happily munches the cookies and turns to look at his windows. He stands up and with a light tug, he opens his curtains.

Taehyung sees Jungkook standing right across his balcony. He smiles.

Jungkook was looking right at him and he quickly hides hismelf when he sees Taehyung.

Shit.. did he see me?

Taehyung rests a hand under his chin. "Hey. Thanks for the cookies."

Shit. Yeah.. he saw me.. Jungkook peeks from him balcony.

"Hi.."

"Your cookies tastes amazing." He shakes the box of cookies in his hand. "Make sure to bake some more for me."

Jungkook happily nods. "Will do! I'm glad you liked it." His cheeks turn red. "So are we gonna do this from now on? Since.. you know."

"Yeah." Taehyung smiles. "We can."

They look at each other with stars in their eyes.

"I'm glad I can talk to you like this, Jungkook." Taehyung smiles and Jungkook feels his heart flutter.

"I'm glad too."

Jungkook stares at his own ceiling. "This is bad.. I like him a lot more now.." He pouts, hitting his face with a pillow. "It'll be a lot harder than I thought.."

It's been only 2 days but Taehyung had never felt so disheartened. He thought that him and Jungkook were going to talk a lot more since they live across each other but he was wrong.

All they did was nothing more than a simple good morning and goodnight.

What happened?

Taehyung misses Jungkook.. He misses him so much. He missed seeing his smile, he missed his laugh, he missed having Jungkook around him.

Jungkook's being equally happy with someone else now and it was too painful for him to watch. But Taehyung could only blame himself.

I took too long, didn't I? Your opinion towards me had changed. Is that why.. Jungkook? Why have you grown so distant?

Taehyung had never felt so desperate. He doesn't wanna think. He's done thinking. He knows he's jealous and he wants Jungkook. He couldn't accept the thought of Jungkook being with anyone else other than him.

I'm so selfish..

"Hi." Jungkook smiles at him and Taehyung puts his books away.

"I'm going to Hoseok's today." He says and Taehyung's mood drops. "Wanna come?"

"No." He slams his door shut and Jungkook's eyes widens.

"Wait." He chases after him and grabs his arm. "What's wrong?"

"Why would you even want me there?"

"Tae?" Jungkook pouts. "Why wouldn't I want you there? You're my friend."

Taehyung scoffs. "Yeah and Hoseok's your best friend."

"What?" Jungkook was flustered.

"Since when did you even get so close to him?"

"Tae.. do you realize what you sound like right now?"

"Jealous?" Taehyung chuckles and Jungkook's cheeks turn red.

"N-no.. I meant.."

"Do I sound jealous?"

"Tae."

"Maybe I am jealous." Taehyung grabs Jungkook's arm and pulls him into an empty classroom.

thanks for 5K views 😳

I hope everyone stays safe from the virus and if any of you needed to talk to I'll be there

I hope everyone stays safe from the virus and if any of you needed to talk to I'll be there. my dms are open💞