Chapter 36 - Friends

Jungkook felt so much more alive now that him and Taehyung are okay.

"Hi." Jungkook smiles as he sees Taehyung standing in the hallway.

Taehyung had never missed seeing him smile so much. "Hi.. How was your sleep?"

"Amazing! I didn't remember how good it felt." He smiles and Taehyung feels a pain on his chest.

"Jungkook."

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."

Jungkook smiles. "It's okay. Why are you apologizing?"

"I made you wait."

Jungkook smiles. "It was worth it."

Taehyung smiles. Yeah.. I'm sure I like you now. He runs his fingers through Jungkook's hair.

"Let's not think about it?"

Jungkook happily nods. He wraps his arms around Taehyung's waist and Taehyung turns bright red. "W-what are you.."

"I missed you."

Taehyung smiles as he runs his fingers through Jungkook hair. "I missed you too.. So, so much."

Jungkook promised himself to be careful, to not repeat the same mistakes again. He would never want him to feel uncomfortable.

And by then, if he can, he will slowly move on from him. But if he couldn't, he'll be content with just being his friend.

Taehyung goes to the usual place and sits underneath the big tree. 

It's been quite awhile.. He smiles as he takes out his book. He begins to read.

"Hi." Jungkook comes out of nowhere and sits next to him.

"Why are you.." Taehyung closes his book.

"What are you reading?" Jungkook smiles and leans towards him. His mouth falls open. "Isn't that the purple book from months ago?" He snatches the book.

"Hey." Taehyung reaches for his book and tackles Jungkook onto the grassy field. "Give it back."

"I purple you?" Jungkook reads. "That sounds romantic.." He giggles.

"You-" Taehyung mistook his step and falls on top of Jungkook.

Jungkook's cheeks turn red and he chuckles. "Be careful." He reaches to push Taehyung's glasses up his nose bridge. "Your nose is so tall.. You look cute."

My heart is beating so fast. Taehyung looks at Jungkook. He had a quick thought of something dirty but he quickly shakes his head.

"Tae?" Jungkook smiles and Taehyung snaps out of his thoughts. "We're kinda in an awkward position right now."

Taehyung quickly gets up. "Sorry."

"I'm gonna watch a movie with the others tonight. Wanna come?" Jungkook smiles.

Why doesn't he even panic? Does he not like me? Taehyung sighs. "Sure.."

"Then.. See you!" Jungkook runs back into uni.

Huh.. guess he doesn't.

Jungkook pants inside the washroom.

Oh god.. I think I almost died. He clutches onto his shirt. My heart was beating so fast.. shit.. he was so close to me.. He splashes water onto his red cheeks. Calm down, Jungkook.

Taehyung just sits there, recollecting his thoughts about earlier. He couldn't get the scene out of his head. He wanted to lean in and kiss Jungkook, right then and there.

He looks beautiful.. ah. He tugs onto his own hair.  Shut up..