Chapter 15 - Friends

A day after..

"Taehyung!"

A day after..

"Taehyung, Hi!"

A day after..

"Tae?"

A day after..

"Good morning, Tae!

A day after..

"Hi, Taehyung!"

A day after..

"Taehyung!"

Jungkook had been trying his best to talk to the other, but Taehyung had not shown any signs of wanting to accept him.

Taehyung, though, noticed that he had been smiling a lot more around Jungkook.

"Wanna go have lunch together?" Jungkook smiles and Taehyung nodded.

They had been eating lunch together often and Jimin with Yoongi. Jimin sends him a wink and Jungkook bores holes onto his face.

Taehyung gets up from his seat and Jungkook quickly gets up as well. "Where are you going?"

"Washroom."

"Why?" Taehyung smiles. "Wanna come with me?"

Jungkook's cheeks turn bright red. "N-no! Actually, yes."

They went to the washroom and stood 5 feet apart from the urinals.

"Taehyung.."

"Talk after." He zips his jeans and washes his hands, Jungkook washing his hands next to him. "What is it?"

"Well." He lowers his head. "I was wondering.. if we're friends yet?"

Taehyung hums. "You're stubborn."

Jungkook nods. "I am! So will you accept me?"

"You're trying so hard, I actually felt bad. Can I ask you something?" Taehyung looks at him and Jungkook quickly nods.

"Why are you still trying?"

Jungkook pouts. "I think you're nice.. I think we'd be good friends. I wanna give this a try.. and I don't mean bad intentions like anyone who hurt you before." He accidentally slips out the last sentence and he quickly covers his mouth. "W-wait.."

Taehyung splashes water onto Jungkook's face. "I already know."

"Y-you do?" Jungkook pouts, wiping his face. "Are you mad at me?"

Taehyung shakes his head. "It's whatever. It's already a long time ago. I should move past that."

Jungkook smiles. "Yes, you should!" He pulls Taehyung into a hug and Taehyung's eyes widens.

"Hey-"

"You know.." Taehyung says as Jungkook nuzzles his cheeks onto his neck. "You trying so hard actually made me think of him?"

"What?" Jungkook pulls away.

"He was trying to get close to me and I let him so easily. He'd probably be doing the same as you're doing now if I had rejected him in the first place. He'd probably not stop trying till I fall for it and-"

"I'm not him." Jungkook holds Taehyung's hands and he smiles. "I won't hurt you."

"I know.. I know you're different. I just wanted to be careful, but I hurt you."

"You didn't hurt me! That asshole hurt you."

"See?" Taehyung strokes his hair. "You're too nice. I don't deserve to be friends with you?"

Jungkook turns tomato red and he hugs Taehyung again. "No.. I wanna be your friend."

"I'm sorry I've been difficult." Taehyung pats onto his head. "I never intend to hurt you. But after all I've done, are you not the slightest bit mad at me? You don't feel like hitting me?"

Jungkook shakes his head. "Of course not!" He smiles. "It was so fun hanging out with you. You weren't mean to me."

Taehyung smiles. "You're really dumb, you know? People can easily take that as an advantage to hurt you. Change that innocent mindset of yours. "

Jungkook pouts.

"I'm sorry I gave you a hard time, and thanks for not giving up. I'm happy to have a friend like you, Jungkook."

Jungkook looks at him with big eyes.
"F-friend? We're friends?" He smiles. "Really?"

"I feel like a jerk now."

Jungkook screams and hugs Taehyung's waist.  Taehyung froze.

"Thank you!" He smiles. "No, you're not a jerk!"

Taehyung returns him a hug. "I am.. and I'll make it up to you."

The door slams open and they quickly moved apart.

Phew.. that was close.. Jungkook thinks.

They could've thought we were gay. Taehyung smiles as he washes his hands.