Chapter 10 - Secret Place [Taehyung noticed me on Weverse🥺]

You don't know how much this means to me

You don't know how much this means to me.. Taehyung saw my post on weverse and cheered it.. I was shaking so badly. My 2 years bias 😭💜 This still feels like a dream..

———

The alarm rings and Jimin sits up in bed.

"YOONGI." He shakes him. "Why did you set the alarm so late? I'm late for my class."

"Isn't today Sunday?"

"No, you idiot!"

"Shit."

Jimin jumps off the bed and dashes into the bathroom, splashing water onto his face. Yoongi just stays in bed not moving an inch.

"Yoongi, please.. We're late and you're not even-"

"My class starts at 10."

"You.." Jimin pouts. "Lucky." He grabs his bag and puts on his shoes. "See you."

The bell rings...

For some reason, Jungkook didn't want to go home yet so he decided to stay a little longer. He wanders around and ends up opening a door to the back of uni.

"Mmh.." Jungkook smiles, looking at the bright sky and inhaling a breath of fresh air. He sees the big tree across him. "It seems like a pretty good place for chilling." He sits underneath the big tree, having ramyeon as a snack.

"Ramyeon never gets old." He smiles.

"Why are you here?"

Jungkook hears a voice and he quickly turns around.

"Oh.." His eyes widens and he smiles brightly. "Hi. What are you doing here?"

"No, what are you doing here?" Taehyung eyes at him.

"I can't be here?" He pouts.

Taehyung often comes here during recess since nobody really knows about this place. He enjoys being alone so he was surprised to see Jungkook here today.

Taehyung walks away.

"Wait!" Jungkook pouts. "You haven't answered me."

"Why do I have to answer?"

"Because you're asking me too!"

"You didn't answer me either."

"Well.. I'm here because I just discovered about this place. It's pretty nice here so I'm staying." Jungkook pouts but then turns into a smile. "What about you?"

"I just come here often."

"You do?" Jungkook's eyes sparkles with interest. "For what?" He pats onto the ground next to him. "Sit with me?"

Taehyung knits his eyebrows. "No."

"Please?"

"Why?"

"I have snacks here with me." He shows Taehyung a bag of chip in his hand. "Come on.. I wanna talk." He pats onto the ground next to him.

Taehyung stares at his favorite bag of chip and sighs. Fine. He hesitantly sits next to the younger, keeping a distance between them.

"So.." Jungkook moves a little closer to him and Taehyung's eyes widens. "What do you usually do here?"

"Nothing." Taehyung moves away and Jungkook pouts. "How's your head?"

"Hm?"

"You were drunk last night."

"Oh.." Jungkook rubs onto his head and smiles. "I'm fine now. A little bit of alcohol can't hurt me.."

"A little." Taehyung mocks.

"Hm?"

"Nothing." He looks away.

"Oh! You were the one who brought me home right? Thank you." Jungkook smiles.

"Yeah."

Jungkook admires the way Taehyung stares at the bright, blue sky. Wow.. he's so pretty..

Taehyung turns around and catches him staring. Jungkook immediately turns tomato red.

"What?"

"Is this what you do here?"

"Do what?"

"Admire the sky."

Taehyung smiles. "Yeah."

Did he just smiled at me FUCK. DID HE JUST SMILED AT ME?? Jungkook's cheeks turn red.

He immediately looks away and hands Taehyung a bag of chips. "Here." He says with flushed cheeks. "You can have it."

Taehyung chuckles.

He actually laughed.. Jungkook squeezes his eyes and internally squeals.

It was the prettiest thing he had ever seen.

"Y-you should.. s-smile.. a lot more often.."

Taehyung stares at him and smiles.

Jungkook opens the bag of chip for him.
"H-here.. we can share."

"No."

"Why?"

"You're still trying to be friends with me."

Jungkook pouts. "Yeah."

"I'm not going to become your friend."

"What?" Jungkook pouts. "Why?"

Jungkook had known the reason why Taehyung had been acting this way. Seeing Taehyung smile at him like that made his heart hurt. It was as if he was once happy, but was forced to become this way. He had to form a wall between himself and other people, to protect himself from getting hurt again. Jungkook's eyes well up in tears and Taehyung just looks at him.

"You're trying too hard. You'll end up hurting yourself."

"Then don't hurt me." Jungkook pouts and Taehyung just stares at him. "I promise, I won't hurt you."

Taehyung was confused by the way of him speaking but he could never guess that Yoongi had told him.

He's trying too hard. Taehyung gets up from the field.

"W-wait!" Jungkook stands up, grabbing Taehyung's arm. "I-i'm not gonna give up so easily."

Taehyung looks away and smiles, shaking his head to leave.

"Whatever."