Chapter 39, part 1

Chapter 39, part 1

Octavius Pov

‘Just try to hear what your wolf is saying if he can’t get himself to hurt her then there is a pretty good chance she is your mate’ Xyon mindlinked me back.

Great just what I needed a very pissed off mate!

I was still hooked beneath the feisty she-wolf, not really wanting to inflict any pain on her, Dammit!

I tried once again with my wolf to find out what the hell was going on.

‘Is she ours?’ I asked him needing any kind of conformation, but all I got was a grunt from him and trotting his tail at me and shutting me off.

Is he serious…

Since I had no one to guide me through this I did the only thing I could do.

I swiped our places effortlessly taking her off guard, seeing the confusion on her face for some strange reason pained me, and just thinking that she could easily lose made me angry and somehow wanting to f*cking protect her!

She tried to move but I locked her between my arms securely.

“Shhh!” I cooed her to which she tried to get out of my grasp again and again.

Ugh! she was so not going to make it easy for me!

“Don’t move” I ordered her as I pushed her back roughly to my chest, she whimpered at my harsh tone of voice, her wolf hating me to be using such a harsh tone on her making my wolf growl at me and just hearing her whimper, with hurt reflecting in her eyes broke my heart!

Shit! She must be my mate! For there was no other reason why her wolf was feeling betrayed by just my hard tone of voice!     

Taking in a deep breath, I gently moved her around to face me. I could see she was trying real hard to keep her tough façade up, but she was failing miserably, and for some strange reason I just wanted to comfort her.

“Look I really don’t want to hurt you (she whimpered again making me lose all my control I just hugged her not knowing what was taking over me or what else to do!) let me rephrase that, I would never hurt you” I stated honestly making her look at me wide eyed.

“Who are you?” She asked confused because I could sense her wolf purring loudly to my wolf and my wolf was just puffing his chest proudly…

Like seriously WTF!

I guess both of us were feeling this strange and inexplainable attraction to each other.

“My name is Octavius, I am the beta of Black Hounds Pack” the second she heard the name of my pack she froze in my arms and started to push me wanting to get out of my embrace as if I was literally poison?

“What’s wrong?” I asked her my own confusion lacing my words, but all she did was scramble out of my arms and I didn’t force her to stay, wanting to discover what the hell was going on?

She stayed at her spot looking at me as if I was a ghost or something!

“Are you okay?” I asked wanting to know what all this was about because one thing for sure I have never seen this rare beauty ever before so whatever this is and whatever the reason for her to act like this has something to do not with me personally but my pack!

“Y-yes I am fine, it’s just that you shouldn’t be here” she said while not meeting my eyes but I knew she was hiding something from me but not wanting to force her in any way shape, way or form I let it drop knowing that it will only make her more uncomfortable, something I had no intention of making her feel.