Chapter 49

Dedicated to all my beautiful dolls who have enjoyed and not given up on this story. I love you all sooooo much.......

Enjoy....

Xenia Pov

I kept looking outside the window not really listening to what was being said by Xyon and Octavias I was lost in my own little world not knowing what to do with the piece of information that I had recently acquired it was mandatory to tell Xyon right now, no right then when I had first known but... Should I tell Xyon or should I leave it for the time being for in honesty things were going on so perfictly and smoothly especially with the shewolves in here I could literally feel the happiness radiating of the walls of our packhouse even though no one had formally claimed any of their mates but just knowing that the possibility was too high made all the wolves so ecstatic that they didn't even complain about all the extra work that Xyon and Octavius was dumping on them just to see if they would complain? But they were all oblivious to it and completing all tasks asap just to be near the girls...

No I can't ruin their happiness not when it's been so long anyone of them had experienced it or compromise their chance of finding their true mate. This had to wait, I looked at Xyon longingly who felt my eyes on him and instantly his eyes were locked with mine but soon he squinted his eyes at me silently asking if everything was alright. I felt tears well up in my eyes but I forced them away and smiled widely and blew him a kiss. He kept looking at me as if wanting to believe if I was truly fine and after some time he winked at me and continued talking with Octavius.

Xyon Pov

"You okay man?" Octavius asked me as I had spaced out, yeah sure I am fine it's just that I am a bit worried about Xenia.

Octavius was taken aback "Why? I mean is everything alright between you two?" He asked tepidly

"Yeah, yeah all is good man, it's just a feeling that I have, you know the kind that tells you something is off" I said trying to explain to myself more than him. "I really don't know what to do?"

"Well if you ask me how about you take her out for a run, you know with all that has been going on lately don't you think you guys need some alone time together and... you know what they say about mates in their wolf forms can't keep secrets, and lets not forget you have the advantage of having your Amaroks as well" he said slyly. I smiled at him understandingly and knew what he was aiming at...

Xenia Pov

I heard the door being shut and instantly Xyon's scent bombarded the room I tried to feign sleep for I was so not in the mood to be lying to my mate at the moment. I felt his hand touch my face gently

"I know you are not asleep" he said as a matter of factly. Yet I still didn't move and stayed still yet my heart was slowly picking up speed.

"Babe, is there something I've done that's bothering you?" He tormentedly asked. A silent tear slipped my eye and suddenly I was flipped around.

"What is it sweetheart, tell me what is wrong so I can fix it. He begged as he placed me gently on his lap and I could see he was hurting but I couldn't tell Him, no it was for his own good, now was certainly not the good time.

"Nothing, nothing is wrong I am just worried about our wolves and their mates, will the shewolves accept them or not? That's all" I lied through my teeth and hopefully he was going to just have to believe me.

I saw the hurt and betrayal in his eyes. My goddess he dosen't believe me!

"You leave me no choice Xenia" with that he put me down from his lap and stood walking out of the room leaving me alone but as he stood at the door he took in a deep breath.