Chapter 3 part 2

I was completely absorbed in my own thoughts when I heard someone clearing their throat behind me.

I jerked my head upwards
“Oh, it’s you. Jeffery you almost gave me a heart attack” I accused my beta.

Jeffery held his hands upwards “hey, don’t blame me if you had been a bit more careful with your mind and not all of a sudden completely shutting everyone else from your mind you would have figured out that by now all your warriors are on alert and waiting for a fight” he retorted exasperatedly.

 I was on my feet “What? Why? Jeffery raised his eyebrows and soon I remembered and understood what he meant,

“oh, I forgot I was just caught up in my own head, tell them I am fine and nothing is wrong” Jeffery came towards me.

"No! Do it yourself let them see for themselves that you are fine and nothing is bothering you. Can you do that for your pack right?”

I didn’t like Jeffery’s tone or order but deep down I knew he was right.

“Fine I’ll do it just get out of here” Jeffery was taken aback,

“Get out of here? Xyon you do know that we are in the servant’s quarters and this particular room was given to our new maid Mrs. Forester? I blinked in surprise

“Really? I see" I scratched my chin “where is she then? Why haven’t I met her already. I mean it’s been over a week yet I am sure I wasn’t introduced to her?"

Jeffery’s face grew a little bit pale but he quickly recovered by chuckling quietly.

“I am sure it’s because she is busy doing her work because she doesn’t want her old age to be an excuse for you to fire her, and I am sure you have better things than to look for an old woman who just wants to live her last days in peace. I mean seriously if she was a hot chick I could see you complaining but not a poor old lady!"

 I scoffed  “I don’t care if she was hot and young, or old and dying as long as she is working for me and I am paying her salary I should be introduced to her. What kind of an employer would I be if I didn’t even know who work for me?" I challenged acidly. Jeffery knew he should calm me down soon before things got out of my control and into my wolf's control.

“Sure thing Alpha you are right and I am sorry as soon as she finishes her shift I’ll bring her to your office personally, Ok?" I just nodded

“Fine, now if you excuse me I have a group of warriors who are out for blood let me go and defuse them before they get themselves into trouble" with that I left and tried hard to shut the door that had mistakenly gotten opened.

Xenia Pov

"You know you can come out from under the bed he is gone" Jeffery said softly.

I slowly pulled myself out and kept staring at him

“how did you know I was here? He laughed “are you kidding me? I could hear your heart beat from a mile away it’s a good thing that Xyon was totally zoned out or you would be dead right now" he reprimended me.

I knew Jeffery was right, turning around I faced the chair Xyon had occupied only a few minutes ago

“You know I could feel his pain, his agony, his loss, his anger everything I could feel it all and it knocked the living day lights out of me” I confessed with furious tears slipping out of my eyes.

 “Hey",  Jeffery pulled me in his arms

“you know that it’s not your fault and no matter what has happened in the past and no matter whose fault it is, let us forget that because we are going to agree to disagree, okay?"

I tried to blink away the new tears and put a brave smile on my face which was kind of wobbly

“ok I’ll try but no promises on my part"

He just looked at me with something in his eyes and I was sure he was going to say something but he just sighed

“Come on let’s just get you ready to meet Xyon and get it over with for as soon as you two have been introduced with no problems or suspicions we both can rest".

I wanted to say no but I knew I had to meet him, especially after what I heard him tell Jeffery. Taking a deep breath

“Ok I am ready come on let’s face the music”...