Chapter 24, part 1

Chapter 24, part 1

“Don’t look at him you have to have some rest and away from him” Xavier said. I didn’t understand what he meant. I mean why should I be away from him? Do they really think that I hurt him ?

He must have read what I was thinking for he suddenly turned me to face him “that’s not what I mean but you do know that he gave you up” he whispered the last part softly with pain in his eyes.

What does that have to do with anything?

But then it all came crashing down on me.

It’s because of me!

He is sick and might even die because of me!

He made a deal and now the deal has been violated.

OMG! What have I done?

***********

“Luna, don’t worry he is a fighter he’ll come through it” Xavier said trying to comfort me and himself for I could see everyone was worried. It has been two weeks and still no change. Our daily routine was still the same. I’d stay the night crying in his arms while in the morning Ross or Josh would come take my place and I was forced to leave him.

Xavier made sure I had something to eat which I had completely forgotten was a necessity for survival.

Jeffery was cured from all his wounds and was taking care of pack’s matters. He would also come and take his turn in watching over him.

It was as if everyone wanted to spend as much as time they could with Xyon which was scaring me more than I already was.

“Jeffery” I called after him when he left Xyon’s room as he turned to face me with tears glistening in his eyes.

“Yes, Luna” he said brokenly with a bow.

“Please tell me what to do? You saved him once save him again” I begged him.

“It’s not that easy” he said while pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Then tell me what I should do? Tell me how to help him? Tell me Dammit,  just for God’s sake tell me how to save my mate?” I cried with treacherous tears slipping all over my cheeks.

“Luna we need you to be strong you can’t be like this. You being weak will only weaken the pack. And as much as I hate to admit it but you have to be ready to step into Xyon’s place if anything happened to him for like it or not you are the Luna of this pack. You have to be strong for your pack, for Xyon. You can’t keep on having these breakdowns” he told me with in a fatherly manner yet I could see this same fatherly figure was weeping tears of blood for his godson.

(Who was sick just because of me).

“You have a plan don’t you?” I asked for I was sure I read something in his eyes for a fleeting moment.

“Yes I do have something in my mind but it could either save him or backfire altogether” he replied worriedly.

“Do it” I ordered, “if there is a chance to save him do it because every passing moment is just another moment weakening Xyon more” I stated as a matter of fact.

He looked at me unsure but then he took a deep breath.

“But you have to go away or hide for the people that I am going to ask their help for would freak out if they found you anywhere near him” he said with concern written all over his face.

I felt an uneasy feeling creep all over my body. I don’t know why but my heart just dropped to my stomach.

“Okay. I’ll stay away but please do whatever you have to do and as soon as possible” I told him while walking away from him and going back to see Xyon for the last time before whoever those people were came.