Chapter 13, part 1

Chapter 13, part 1

This chapter is dedicated to one of my beautiful and lovely reader DollyDoll1, who let me assure you guys because of her you guys are going to read the following chapter for I was going to take some time off but yesterday we kept texting and I felt that I had to write more and soon.

**************

Xenia Pov

The moment I shifted back I heard a loud growl and someone was lying on top of me then I heard Xyon roar from top of me

“LEAVE NOW!”

“EVERYONE OUT”.

I didn’t know what to do other than curl on the ground and shut my eyes tightly. I felt him pull away from me as soon as everyone had left leaving us alone. He brought a bed sheet and covered me with it making sure not to touch me in any improper manner; he carried me to the bed and left me to put something on.  I was curled on the bed but I opened my eyes just to have a peek around me.

I saw no one was around, just I and Xyon who had now put on a pair of basketball shorts and was standing near a window taking in deep calming breaths and not looking at me. I knew he was furious and he didn’t want to lose his temper with me. I could feel his emotions I could pinpoint each emotion crossing his heart and mind and it was too much for me. Right now I badly needed advice from my wolf who not surprisingly was nowhere to be found, after pulling her stunt she just shut me off completely. So much for counting on your wolf when in time of need!

“Mary?” Xyon was saying with both eyebrows lifted.

I gulped and raised my eyes to him.

“Yes” I said hoarsely while taking a sitting position.

He let out a frustrated breath “I know who you are” I flinched involuntarily which didn’t go unnoticed by him. “Just what I thought!” he exclaimed while coming closer and closer towards me until he sat on the edge of my bed.

“I don’t know who you are exactly, yet! But I do know that you are an imposter who came here with Jeffery with some kind of sick agenda and now you are going to tell me exactly why you came here pretending to be an old deformed woman when you are far from being old or deformed?” He asked with barely contained anger yet I could feel his emotions were those of defeat and disappointment.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out, he was looking at me so intently that his gaze was burning wherever it fell on me. “You know it doesn’t surprise me that you betrayed me because let’s face it you are someone I don’t know and you might very well be one of my very close enemies in disguise” he said while lifting his hand to tuck a stray lock of hair that had fell on my face, “but Jeffery you shouldn’t have pulled him in your dirty workings. Dammit! He is the closest person I have as family, no, he is my family, you know when you are betrayed by someone it hurts but if that someone is your family the hurt is unbearable and unforgivable you can imagine how I feel right now!” he said with anger and hurt.

I just kept looking at him deep in his eyes both of our eyes clashing with so much hidden and obvious emotions that you could literally feel fire burning in them.

“You know I should kill you without even listening to any more of your lies and excuses for you yourself have broken our most sacred rule and moreover you have betrayed me by lying to my face with my own beta” he said harshly. “But what surprises and shocks me at the same time is that my own fucking wolf disagrees with me completely for he fought me for you, he can’t allow anyone to look at you or hurt you, he was willing to get hurt himself and me without a second thought yet he made it very clear that you are off limits and if I even entertained the mere thought of hurting you he would leave me forever! He said shockingly.

“Answer me Mary” he demanded

“Answer me dammit, I mean seriously is even Mary your real name?”

“What’s in a name?” I said softly not trusting my voice to say any other word. He raised his left eyebrow “that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet” he completed wryly “Are you honestly trying to compare your lying and deceitful self to that of Romeo and Juliet’s pureness?” He asked dryly.

“No I am not. All I am saying that a name doesn’t change who we are as a person nor does it defines us” I said haughtily.

“True, what you say is true but that can only be applied to honest or wrongly accused people, and last time I checked sweetheart you were none of the mentioned above” he said sarcastically. 

His words got to me and the stung deeply making me cringe internally.

“Well, if you are my judge, jury and lawyer then there is no need to keep on going with this conversation and waltzing around a matter I have no say in, why don’t you just declare my verdict your honor?” I said insultingly with tears glistening in my eyes yet I refused to allow myself to cry in front of him. No I won’t allow myself to break down in front of him, that will only satisfy him.

He swore loudly “don’t try to turn this around and play the victim or damsel in distress card” he said menacingly.

“I’ll give you one chance, one chance only so you better make it count, let’s start from the beginning. Who are you and why are you here?”

I looked away from his piercing gaze that wanted to probe deep into my soul and figure out all the answers he was aching for and as much as I wanted to tell him I couldn’t because I still didn’t trust him enough to which my wolf just snorted loudly in my head. Yeah, that’s my wolf when I need her she is nowhere to be found yet, the moment someone says something bad about her mate she is present in an instant to show her disapproval.

I took a deep breath “I’ll tell you all that you need to know but you have to promise me one thing?” I asked hopefully.

Xyon grunted “I don’t think you are in a position to be making any demands, but still I would like to hear what you have to say, so go ahead shoot” he said while crossing his arms on his muscular chest and waiting for me to answer.

“No, first you promise me this one thing and then I am ready to talk and take on any punishment you see fit for my actions” I said with as much fake confident that I could muster “can’t the great legendary Alpha make one promise to me, even if I don’t deserve it” I mumbled the last part quietly.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Hi my lovelies please don’t forget to vote and comment. Thank you so much for showing my book so much love I really appreciate it, every vote and comment just makes my day…. Love you guys sooooooo much…

Xoxoxoxo

Goldengirl200%