Chapter 51

So you tell me. Is this what you want for your Mate?

Those words kept repeating themselves nonstop in my head making me sick to my stomach.

So you tell me. Is this what you want for your Mate?

No! No it was not what I wanted. I want a simple life with him filled with love and laughter, Is it too much to ask for. Is it?
I asked no one in particular for I was alone, I was all alone in this.

I kept walking for God knows how long deep into the forest not even caring if I trespassed into someone's territory for let's face it I am doomed no matter which way you look at it.

Sitting under an old Oak tree I started to ponder over my thoughts and what I was supposed to do now.

Should I go and tell Xyon and try to fix this? But how can I put such a huge burden on him? How could I be so selfish?

The curse that was laid upon them was harsh, especially on Xander for the minute he made love to his mate he would seal her fate in death as Cynthia was forced to be reincarnated as a goddess once again but, leaving Xander alone on earth with the lifeless body of her mortal being and this is the curse that Xander has been living with for thousands of years.
It usually ends with Xander taking his own life for he has no idea how to deal with her loss.

Remembering those harsh words were enough to make up my mind... For good!

'Cynthia, you are quite quiet, isn't there something you would like to add?' I was hoping she could help us somehow.

I could feel her tears falling silently but no words were coming from her.

My wolf on the other hand was going berserk, not wanting me to do what I had decided but I blocked her out. I don't need anyone to change my mind. If I wanted that I would have simply gone to my mate!

Thinking of Xyon made my heart clench painfully in my chest but then again remembering my pack members and how they were deprived of their basic right of a mate because of some stupid centuries old feud between God knows who and who was just not fair!

Remembering the boys brought a teary smile to my face. At least now they'll finally know what a true mate is.

Soon rain was pouring down heavily.
Great! Just what I need.

Tears were falling nonstop from my eyes & by now I couldn't differentiate between my tears and the rain.

I have to be strong. I have to be strong for my wolves.

Octavius! He would finally tame that wild Jessica. The poor girl was thrust in a world where nothing made sense. She needs her mate.

I know my boys so well, no matter how hard they try to portray themselves as strong and fearsome yet I knew... I knew they were broken inside, having their mates within reach yet not having them at all. Especially being an Amarok. God! They haven't even shifted nor will they ever be able to unless... Unless I...

Unless I did what according to some wolves would be is the unthinkable the Capital crime and Punishment...

But I am their Luna, I look out for them. At the end of the day. I am going to save all of their lives...

One life or hundreds?

Which would you choose?

What would you do?

Breaking one heart, but saving all others' and their lives...

'I am so sorry, I am so so sorry' I just whispered while tears were streaming down my face for I had made my choice and now was the time for execution!