Chapter 14, part 1

Chapter 14, part 1

Dedicated to my very dear, sweet, and very cool reader sunnydreamz, hope you enjoy the chapter I wrote it with you on my mind.

Xenia Pov

My heart fell to my stomach and I grew pale. No this can’t be happening, is it even possible that her old pack knows that she was given shelter by the half moon pack? To say I was shocked was an understatement. What does this mean? Oh my God! Does this mean that my pack was slaughtered just because of me? All those innocent people paid the price with their lives just for opening their pack and allowing me shelter when no one was there to help me. I can hardly breathe and I think I am going to faint.

“Are you okay? You’ve lost all color from your face” Xyon asked worriedly. I forced myself to take a deep breath “Yeah, I am fine just still weak from all that happened” I said while gesturing to everything that was around us “nothing a good night’s sleep won’t cure” I said while fidgeting with the bed sheet.

“I better get you something to wear” he said gruffly. I looked up at him only to find him looking intensely at me which only served to make me blush a deep shade of red. He cleared his throat “will you be okay if I left you for a moment just to get your clothes?” he asked me attentively “of course, I’ll be fine” I said softly.

He nodded and left me but just as he was about to leave “I’ll assign someone to stand guard by the door till I come back, they won’t disturb you just guard you, is that fine by you?” he asked me making sure I was fine with everything. “Yeah, sure do whatever you think is okay” I confirmed. He gave me a small smile and left.

OMG! Seriously couldn’t my life just for once be normal? Ugh! This is killing me. What does this mean? And what am I supposed to do? I asked my wolf “of course we tell him, he is our mate and he’ll help and protect us!” she said boringly as if it was a done deal and I shouldn’t be even considering anything else.

“Yeah, easy for you to say that, your mate fought for you he fought Xyon and is still fighting him whenever the need arises, but my mate gave me up” I said heart brokenly.

“Stupid human self! You said it yourself he fought He is not my mate alone, he is our mate so no matter how much you may think Xyon gave us up or betrayed us by giving us up he is OUR MATE okay? And if I have anything to say about it I am going to make sure he gets his head back on his shoulders” she stated arrogantly.

“Whatever” I mumbled just wanting to end our conversation to which she snorted and shut off our mindlink.

********************

Xyon Pov

As soon as I was out of the room I went to my third in command

“Ross I want you to guard Mary. Be at her door but do not enter, am I clear?” I asked “Yeah, sure I’ll be here, don’t worry” he said firmly.

“Okay” and I started to walk then I stopped my back facing him “eh! How is Jeffery?” I said trying very hard to keep it emotionless.

“He’ll live, the doc is still patching him up but said he’ll be fine soon” he said comfortingly.

“Sure” I said curtly and started to walk away when Ross caught up with me “hey man, I just wanted to ask you, as a matter of fact we all wanted to ask you, I raised my left eyebrow urging him to complete, you know we were all just wondering like what happens now, I mean about Jeffery, what’s your verdict?” he asked with fright clearly visible in his eyes.

I took a deep breath and let it out “no verdict, no jury, no judge, for as far as I am concerned it was just a misunderstanding and we took care of it as a family, I placed my right hand on his left shoulder, so my dear friend all we can do is pray for his soon recovery so that he can take back his position for we have a lot of work ahead of us” I said honestly.

 To say Ross was shocked was an understatement but still he soon composed himself and started grinning stupidly “is there someone specific we should thank for this sudden enlightenment of yours” he asked wickedly. I laughed “no, just be glad my wolf decided to be generous” I said with fake innocence.

*******************

I entered Mary’s room and went straight to her closet where I found a very limited amount of clothes. I searched for something to take for her after I was satisfied with a pair of jeans and a shirt I started to look for a pair of panties and a bra after I had completed her attire I went back to her. On my way back to her I saw my cook and asked him to prepare a special meal for Mary.

I was about to enter her room when I heard a loud coughing from an adjacent room. Involuntarily I was walking in its direction. I opened the door to find Jeffery lying on the bed looking really very bad but his wounds had started to heal.

“Are you going to keep on standing there in the shadows (cough) or are you going to come and say hi?” Jeffery asked amusedly.

“I heard a very generous Alpha forgave me? Do you have any idea what made him change his mind from going after my throat to sparing my life and position?” Jeffery started to tease me; I felt a blush creeping up my cheeks “No! You should just be thankful that the certain Alpha has a very forgiving wolf” I retorted to which he just snorted “yeah sure tell me about that forgiving wolf for I still bare his teeth marks on my body” he retorted.

“Well as a matter of fact heishappyyoukeptandhelpedMary” I said as quickly as I could, to which Jeffery let his head fall back and started to laugh loudly, “really? Your wolf is happy I kept and helped Mary? Well you my son have a very intelligent wolf” he said still between fits of laughter.

“You know I don’t like being laughed at” I mumbled uneasily.

“No, you don’t and I am sure no one does like that, but tell me Xyon, isn’t your wolf acting like a whipped up pup?” He asked wickedly

“Man it’s not your fault it’s my fault for being so forgiving, you know on second thought maybe you do deserve the ultimate punishment for your lies and betrayal” I declared menacingly.

“No, no, I think I am fine as I am for my old bones can’t take any more” he said in mock defeat which just made me feel real bad for my behavior with him. I shouldn’t have attacked him without allowing him to explain himself.

“I am sorry Jeffery, and I really hope you can forgive me, I acted as a stuck up alpha and not as your friend or godson” I said apologetically.

“Son, you did what any alpha would have done, trust me as long as I am forgiven now, no hard feelings on my part” he said sincerely.  I nodded with a small smile “just get well soon” I said while closing the door behind me.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Hello my dear lovelies hope you are all enjoying what you read, please don’t forget to vote and comment it really means a lot to me it pushes me to write more for you and to constantly update I mean seriously you have to give me that it’s not a lot I am asking for right?

Thanks again my lovelies

Xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Goldengirl200%