33. Surgery

(Shawns POV)

My heart was absolutely pounding.

"We are so sorry- it's not great news"

I could feel my hands sweating I was so nervous.

"She's going to need surgery. Not today but soon. She needs a break" they say.

"Where is she now?!" I ask frantically.

"She has a private room. She stopped breathing for 8 minutes. She's lucky to be alive." They say.

"When can we see her" Shawn says.

"Soon. She is currently connected to an oxygen machine so has two tubes going up her nose. She is sleeping at the moment due to the amount of medication we had to give her. Within an hour she will be awake again." They say.

"I'm just glad she's alive" Shawn sighs.

"She's okay for now. However she does need some new clothes. All she had is her performance outfit and I doubt she is going to be happy to wake up in that" they say.

"Urgh okay I'll try sort something out." I say.

(Hayes POV)

"Okay Shawn that's fine I'll try get something" Erin says hanging up from a call from Shawn

"What does he need?" I ask.

"Clothes for Ariana." She says.

"So she's alive!" Matt sighs.

"Yes but she's not in a great condition." Erin frowns.

"I have some leggings in my bag" Erin shrugs looking through it.

"I have a spare hoodie she can use" I say pulling it from my bag and giving it to Erin.

"Thanks" she smiles.

We finally arrive to the hospital and all I could think about was Ariana. I knew I loved her but this has really proven to myself how much I love her..

I wish I didn't screw up!

We hurry into the hospital still all in our nice clothes.

We are told by one of the nurses where Shawn and Justin are and are led there.

They see us and we walk over and Justin hugs Matt and Erin.

"How is she?" Erin asks.

"Sleeping.. she needs to have surgery.." Justin frowns.

"She's not gonna like that.." Erin sighs.

A nurse walks over and says "did you bring any clothes for Miss Mendes?"

"Yes I have some" Erin smiles.

"What did you get" Shawn asks.

"My leggings and Hayes had a spare hoodie" Erin smiles

"Thank you" Justin smiles at me.

"Erin would you like to come in with me? We ideally need to get Ariana out of her performance clothes as they are tight" the nurse says.

"Of course!" Erin smiles and they walk in together.

It felt so weird being in this position. Stood in front of my ex's new boyfriend.

"What's gonna happen now" Matt asks.

"I can't continue Magcon.. I'm staying with her until she recovers" Shawn says.

"What about you Justin?" Matt asks.

"I don't know yet. I'm not too worried. My tour doesn't start for another week I have tome to think" he smiles.

"She killed the opening performance" Shawn smiles.

"Isn't she amazing" Justin smiles.

"She is.." I say softly.

"Did she write that herself?" Shawn asks.

"Yep! She's incredibly talented" Justin smiles.

"I hope she forgives me" Shawn frowns.

"She will" Justin smiles patting his back.

Erin and the nurse walk out after helping change her into comfortable clothes.

She looked really upset..

"Are you okay Erin?" Shawn asks.

"Yeah.. just seeing her lie there with tubes up her nose completely in responsive is horrible" she says wiping her eyes.

"We're lucky shes alive. Think of the positives!" Matt smiles and rubs her back.

"Please can I go in?" Shawn asks.

"You all can but please keep quiet and don't make much noise. Only 2 people max are allowed to stay with her overnight if you want to" the nurse says.

"Okay thank you" Shawn smiles.

Shawn opens the door and walks into Ariana's room followed by Justin, Matt Erin then me.

Shawn walks over to her with watery eyes and kisses her forehead.

Justin sits the other side of her and frowns.

She had pain killers attached to her through a drip machine that was given to her every half an hour through a needle in her hand.

My heart aches so much seeing her like this.

She was so pale. All of her makeup had been removed except for her pony tail.

"God I'm so sorry Ariana..." Shawn sighs closing his eyes.

Her chest was moving slowly as she breathed.

"What's the surgery for?" Shawn asks.

"Well she needs to have a removal of unnecessary cells as she has to many as they keep duplicating. If the surgery goes well then she will need to take one pill a month to keep the cells under control. " they smile.

"And what happens if it goes wrong?" Shawn asks.

"She will never be able to sing again.." she says.

// thanks for reading part 33!
Please vote and comment 💜
3+ comment for next chapter !