4. No tears left to cry

(Ariana's POV)

It was hours until no tears left to cry was out. It was 10pm Thursday and the video and single come out at midnight. And then on Saturday I would be appearing on Jimmy Fallon!

@AriMendes:
I'm too excited to wait... no more tears left to cry will be out within hours. I have worked so hard on this song, video and my new album and I'm finally in a state of mind I wanna be in all the time 🖤

 I have worked so hard on this song, video and my new album and I'm finally in a state of mind I wanna be in all the time 🖤

Liked by MatthewEspinosa, JustinBieber and 201,817,919 others.
@Arianatorrr: OMG OMG YOURE STUNNING.
@ArisBae: omg please keep the blonde
@AriMendes: @ArisBae I love the blonde to! Thinking of going brunette again soon though. I love switching it up! Some days you'll see me blonde some days will be brunette! Maybe even blue! 🥰😅
@JustinBieber: I'm so proud of you.

I was smiling so much. I was beyond excited for everyone to hear the song and I was even more excited that I was going to be announcing my album on Saturday on Jimmy Fallon.

I was desperate to go number one. Not only because it would take Shawn's record but because none of them believed in me and to be able to prove them wrong would be the best 'fuck you' ever. If they had been nice to me I wouldn't think twice about waiting so Shawn would still get his record.

"Shall we order some pizza whilst we wait?" Justin asks.

"Urgh yes!!!" I laugh.

Justin laughs and orders the pizza and Erin comes downstairs wearing head to toe 'no tears left to cry' merch.

"I'm fucking ready! Did I hear pizza?" She asks.

"Yeah Justin's ordering some" I smile

"Get me a extra large extra cheese and meat one. Ooo with extra BBQ sauce!" She says.

Me and Justin laugh and shake our heads. I was receiving so many tweets saying I should let Shawn have his record. But at the end of the day he told me to see where we would be in 6 months. So.. yes I'm still dropping it.

(Shawns POV)

Me and all the boys decided to stay up until midnight so we could hear Ariana's song and for me it was praying that it wouldn't go number one.

I wanted to be proud of her. But I knew she was doing this on purpose. Urgh..

"Guys it's nearly midnight!" Matt says

We wait another half an hour and it was 11:59..

"Refresh it!" I sigh

"It's up!" Matthew says.

"Play it !!" We all say.

Matthew clicks on the video
(Video at top)

Matthew clicks on the video (Video at top)