Chapter 25

(you'll hate me for this please don't kill me)

5 years later

Jughead's POV

It's been 5 years since we saw Betty. We stayed in Riverdale waiting for her but she never came. Of course we looked for her, but we never saw her. We also tried to contact her but she never answered. It's like she disappeared from the world. Kevin couldn't handle it and killed himself. We killed Evelyn after she betrayed us and traded information with the enemy behind our back. So basically it was just me and Archie now. We're trying to survive but it's not easy. There isn't much food so we have to walk to other places to get it. Today was one of the days we would try to find food.

"you're ready to go" Archie asked.

"As ready as I can be" I said. Of course I wasn't only looking for food, but that doesn't matter now. At least not anymore.

"want to explore a new city" Archie asked and pointed to a small city that we've never been to.

"Last one there loses" I said and ran to the city. Archie won unfortunately.

"Let's face it, you could never beat me" Archie said and laughed.

"Hey, at least I'm good at losing" I said and laughed with him. We went into a shop and looked for food. Suddenly I heard something.

"What was that" I asked but Archie looked at me confused.

"what do you mean" Archie asked and then we both heard the sound.

"zombies" I said and grabbed a knife. We looked around but couldn't find where the sound was coming from.

"look over here" archie said and I saw a door that moved.

"should we open it" I asked and Archie nodded.

"okay then" I said and opened the door. A bunch of zombies ran out and tried to attack us. They weren't strong enough and Archie and I could kill them. I looked over at Archie when a zombie wanted to attack him from behind. Suddenly I realized something, I fell to the ground and Archie looked at me in a weird way. Then he turned around and noticed why. The zombie that tried to attack Archie had Betty's blonde hair and the clothes she wore the day she left. If it wasn't Betty it sure was a coincidence. All those days I thought she left us. She didn't, she never did. And it was my fault. I told her to go until it was safe. I could've protect her if I would've go with her. Hell, I could've just protect her if she stayed with us. She was dead cause of me. I'll just have to figure out if it's really her. It's easy enough.

"do it" I said.

"Jughead you kno-" Archie tried to say.

"JUST DO IT ARCHIE, SHE'S ALREADY DEAD"  I said screaming at him after that I heard a loud noise. I walked over to the dead body that now was on the ground. I reached in her jacket to see if her diary was in there. I felt something in it and I grabbed it. I only had to look at it once to see that it was her. I started to tear up and eventually I cried. I cried more than I thought I could.

_______________________________________
AN:
PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!! I tried to do something with a happy ending but that just wasn't it. I still need to write like 1-4 chapters. After that I'll go on with my other story. Byeee guys