Chapter 24

The next day

Betty's POV

I woke up after hearing something or someone behind me. I immediately got up and grabbed the knife that was next to me. I walked towards the sound ready to attack when I saw that it was Jughead.

"Jughead what the hell! I almost stabbed you" I whispered.

"I heard something. And if I'm honest, you don't think you could stab me with that knife" he said smiling.

"Well no, let's just kill the zombie you probably heard" I said and looked in the woods trying to find what Jughead heard.

"look over there" Jughead said and pointed to a dark figure standing in the woods. We walked to the figure and when we got closer I noticed it was a girl. She wasn't a zombie! When we got a bit closer I saw that it was Evelyn. Then I saw that there was someone else with her.

"It's Evelyn with someone else I don't know him" I said and Jughead looked at them.

"Get behind a tree. He kinda looks dangerous" Jughead said and I quietly walked towards a tree while Jughead did the same. Jughead tried to get closer so I did the same. We got close enough to hear the conversation.

"You can't kill her now I want him to look while you do it" Evelyn said.

"She has to die. I don't care about him" The guy said angry. I was trying to figure out who they meant with she until I heard them say this.

"No, I want him looking while I kill the girl he loves. Betty took everything from me and jughead only helped her." Evelyn said.

"I agree that she has to pay for everything she'd done. She killed my brother and my friends. But I won't wait for a guy to look" The guy said and I was in shock. They were talking about me. They wanted me dead!

"Betty let's go right now!" Jughead said and I nodded. We walked away from their conversation until they couldn't see or hear us.

"look I know what you're gonna say but you have to leave. Evelyn already knows where you are now. She already knows where your going. It's safer if you go to a place alone. I'll give you something so you can contact me when it's safe for you." Jughead said with tears in his eyes.

"no, I'm not leaving you behind" I said tearing up.

"Betts listen to me please. I know it's hard to leave. But it's safer now if you go alone. The less people know the better" Jughead said and I looked in his eyes. They where filled with tears.

"Okay but promise me that this won't last longer then a month" I said and he nodded.

"I promise it, now go before someone sees you. Just run and don't look back." Jughead said while his voice cracked. I looked at him and kissed him one last time.

"I love you" I said and ran in the woods leaving everything behind me. 

One hour later I heard something. I looked behind and saw killer! He had Jughead's beanie in his mouth.

"guess I didn't leave everything behind" I said and smiled while walking away from everything.

---------------------------------------------------------

AN: FINALLY A NEW CHAPTER!! This book is coming to an end :( I'm still not sure if I should do the happy ending or the sad one. Hope you liked the chapter! Byeeee❤️❤️❤️