Soft snow and sweater paws

TRIGGER WARNING : cutting, anorexic, talks about abuse, talks about seizures and epilepsy

Logan POV
I walked down the school hallway, making my way to Patton's locker. Our lockers weren't too far apart and he already agreed to meet me after school so I wasn't too worried about him leaving.

Patton was shuffling things in his locker before pulling out his pastel galaxy bookbag. He pulled the sleeves of his hoodie down tightly, balling the ends of the sleeves into his fists.

"Salutations," I said to him, stopping next to his locker.

"Hey Logie,"  Patton said, quickly pasting a smile on his face.

"We greatly need to talk about what's happening,"  I said, trying to remain calm and gentle as to not worry or upset Patton.

"There's nothing to talk about,"  He mumbled, shutting his locker. 

"I may not be good with emotions but I do know a great deal about psychology and mental health problems,"  I told him. 

"There's nothing wrong with me,"  Patton argued, his smile slowly disappearing.

"I never said there was,"  I amended.  "But I can tell that there is something severely bothering you."

"I don't want to talk about it,"  He mumbled. 

"Then we don't have to,"  I said.  "Let's at least spend some time together tonight, just the two of us."

"That would be fun,"  Patton whispered, a soft genuine smile appearing.

I wrapped my hand around his, letting him let go of his hoodie sleeves and intertwine our fingers.  We walked out of school together, giving a quick wave to Remy and Patton.

Patton followed me to my car and got into passenger seat.  I climbed into the car, letting Patton choose the music we listen to.

"Do you want to just go to my house?"  I asked Patton, not even bothering to ask about his own house, already knowing the answer.  "Or would you like to go somewhere?"

"I want some coffee,"  Patton mumbled. 

"From the Coffee Corner, Coffee and Cream, or Starbucks,"  I asked, sighed at the amount of coffee shops we have in our tiny town.

"Um,"  Patton mumbled.  "Coffee Corner."

"Okay,"  I said.  Patton started the music, You Will Be Found from Dear Evan Hansen. 

I drove to the small coffee shop that was just across the street from the park.  After parking the car, the two of us head into the Coffee Corner. 

We entered the coffee shop and walked over to the counter.  I glanced over the menu a bit even though I was already aware of what I wanted.

"What would you like?"  I asked Patton, as we walked up to the counter.  The barista gave us a forced smile.