Midnight Coffee Date

SORRY I MISSED UPDATES AGAIN, I REALLY HATE MYSELF RN BUT THATS OKAY

ANYWAYS...sorry

Emile POV
The clock on the wall ticked to 12:01 am.  I let out a sigh, taking another sip of my coffee.  Remy kicked his feet up on the ottoman.

"I thought you said your parents would be home by 11,"  Remy said again. 

"They did,"  I answered.  "They're never home this late."

"They're an hour late,"  Remy commented.

"Why is it such an issue to you?"  I asked him.  "I thought you'd be happy if my parents weren't home."

"I love being home alone with ya babes but that crazy ass thunderstorm out there is worrying."  He motioned towards the window with his coffee.  I nodded slowly, trying and failing to mask the concern on my face.

"Patton still hasn't texted me about how his hand out with Logan went,"  I added.

"Ya mean date?" Remy laughed.

"Patton said it was just a hang out," I told him sternly. Remy let out a sigh.

"Well the powers out so his phone might be dead,"  Remy suggested.  "Nah.  I bet ya a coffee he's staying at Logan's because he hates thunderstorms."

"I wouldn't be surprised,"  I laughed.

"I'm still gonna punch that nerd one day for being a dick to Patton,"  Remy said lowly. 

"Logan didn't want Patton to get hurt,"  I defended him. 

"Well he did a bad job at that,"  Remy joked.  I laughed a bit even considering the truth behind the statement.

"How's things going with your mom?"  I couldn't help but ask.  Remy froze.

"Well she won't let me go back into the house to get all my stuff,"  He told me.  "She throws shit at me so I'll go away."

I slipped my hand into his. I pressed a kiss to his cheek, bringing a smile back to his lips.

"It'll get better," I told him, rubbing my fingers over his knuckles. They were scarred and cracked from the many fist fights he's been in. "Even if things don't work out with your mom, I'll always be here."

"Thanks Emi," Remy smiled, giving me a loving kiss. I laughed at the nickname. "I love you, ya know that right?"

"Of course, I love you too Rem," I told him, returning his kiss.

"Once we're graduated, what do you want to do?" He asked me.

"Go to college and become a therapist," I answered. "Get married. I'd like to adopt a kid some day. Live a nice long love filled life. Get to help people."

Remy let out a sigh, obviously thinking something over. I took another sip of my coffee.

"What about you?" I asked him.

"I have no clue," Remy sighed. "See, you got everything planned out and I have no clue what the hell I'm even gonna do tomorrow."

"Well planning for the future takes lots of work," I said. "Do you want to go to college?"

"Don't have the money to," He answered.

"Would you if you had the money?"

"Maybe, but probably not," He said with a sigh. "It's just never been in my long term plan."

"What's your long term plan?" I asked him. He turned towards me with a smirk.

"Well it was originally to ask you out and date you but I got that covered," He laughed, kissing me again. "But now I don't know."