There is no us, there never was

Trigger warnings : derogatory terms, physical/mental abuse, suggested correction sex, slapping, swearing

Logan POV
I paced my room, moving from my window to my door. Over and over again.

Patton told me to call him. My phone is laying on my bed, seemingly mocking me for my fear of a simple phone call.

I was barely able to talk to him this afternoon. I know that I messed things up between us. I know that for certain.

But I don't want to accept that.

I wish I could take it back. I wish that I could change it so that we did kiss. I wonder what would have happened then.

But that is wishful thinking. No amount of hope will cause Patton to forgive me. He said himself that he wasn't sure if he could move on from it.

I sighed, rubbing my hands across my face. I glared at my phone through my fingers.

Logic said to just pick up the phone and call Patton. But my fears told me not to. That he was still angry and he was just going to reject me.

I've never felt so emotional over something to simply stupid before. It's absolutely ridiculous. This whole situation is ridiculous.

Feelings really are the bane of my existence.

I don't understand how some one as smart as I am can not comprehend human emotions.  It doesn't make sense as to I feel so heartbroken over this.

I made my way slowly towards my bed, as if my phone were a wild animal that would attack me if I make a sudden movement. 

I picked it up and took a deep breath.  Get ahold of yourself Logan.  Call Patton and see what he wants.  It probably isn't as bad as I think.

I called Patton and placed the phone against my ear.  I sat down and waited apprehensively for Patton to answer.

Hello?

"Salutations Patton,"  I said, clearing my throat.  "You said you wanted me to call you?"

Yeah, I did.  We need to talk about what happened before Remy interrupted us.

"That he did,"  I grumbled, rolling my eyes. 

Anyways, I want to say I guess I forgive you.  I can understand how you might have panicked in the situation.  So I don't blame you.

My heart seemed to leap at that, figuratively.  I couldn't be happier that Patton forgives me.

"Thank you so much Patton,"  I said. 

You're welcome Logie!

I could help but blush at the nickname.  Yet for once, I didn't hate it.  I was glad Patton was calling me that again. 

I wanted to know if you would want to hang out this weekend?  Get back into the old routine?

"That sounds like a good idea,"  I told him. 

We can get coffee and then go to like the bookstore or the park or the movies!

I could practically hear Patton jumping up and down in excitement on the other side of the phone.  I smiled, imagining how adorable he probably looks right now.