The first time i belived

Logan POV

Patton and I were walking out of our last period class, life science. The class with our project with Squiggles.

"Patton," I said, getting his attention. "Would you like to accompany me to the bookstore and The Coffee Corner?" The Coffee Corner was a small little coffee shop in town. It was very popular around here, even enough so to compete with the Starbucks. Much to Remy's dismay.

"Really?" Asked Patton excitedly. "Why?"

"I was thinking we could hang out. For...how do I put this...fun." I answered. "A casual get tougher, instead of just working on our project."

"That sounds like fun!" Patton chirped. "Now?"

"If that is okay with you, I would prefer to go now."

"Of course it is Logie! I'm glad you asked!"

"Satisfactory." I said with a soft smile.

"It's a date than!" Patton said. His eyes widened when he realized what he said. We looked at each other, turned bright red and looked away.

"N-not like a romantic...date." Patton added quickly. "Just...a...time to hangout."

"It's okay Patton." I told him gently. "Meet me outside at my car." I turned away from him down the hallway with my locker.

Once I reached my locker, I sighed. Idiot. Why'd you go and invite him along. Yes, I want Patton to come. I very much so enjoy to be with him. How his adorableness seemed to light up a room. How his smile just makes me happy.

I snapped my head up, realizing what I was thinking. No, I can't fall in love. I'm not going down that road. I have way to many more important things to worry about.

-•-

"Are you okay Patton?" I asked him. He seemed to be a little down, despite how excited he seemed earlier when I asked him to come with me.

I was currently looking through all the bookshelves for a specific book. Patton had just followed me quietly the entire time.

"What- Yeah of course I'm okay!" Patton said, quickly smiling.

"Your obviously not." I said, causing his smile to falter. "Tell me what's wrong. I may not be good with emotions, but I do worry for your mental health."

"I'm just worried about Virgil and Roman." He said quietly. "They never returned to school after Roman asked Virgil to talk to him during lunch."

"I'm sure they are fine." I said comfortingly. "They have probably been avoiding people today as to not draw more attention to themselves."

"I guess you're right." Patton mumbled.

"I'm always right." Patton laughed gently when I said that. I laughed a little too.

"I'm still worried." He said. I turned to face him. He looked up a me.

"It's not wise to worry yourself so much." I told him gently. Before I could say anything else, Patton wrapped his arms around my midsection.

"I just don't want Virgil to get hurt." He said, his voice wavering. I hugged him back tightly.

"Why are you so worried for someone you weren't friends with up until today?" I asked, genuinely confused by the amount of empathy he has.

"I don't know. I can't help it." He mumbled, pulling away from me. "I hate seeing people sad."

"And I hate seeing you so sad," I said quietly before I could catch myself. Patton looked up at me and I felt myself blush.

"Really Logan?" He asked hopefully, his eyes wide.

"Yes, now we should be on our way." I said quickly. "I have my book, let's go get coffee." I heard Patton laughing as I headed towards the cashier.

I sighed. I've never felt these emotions towards anyone before. Why can I never think logically around him? I always end up a flustered mess. What is Patton doing to me?

-•-

Patton and I were sitting across from each other in one of the booths at the coffee shop. We were both sipping on our coffees.

"Is there even any coffee in that?" I asked Patton, pointing at the drink he got. This caused him to let out a giggle.

"Yes, a little bit, but it's mostly sugar and Carmel." He said with a smile. "At least it tastes good, unlike your boring coffee."

I looked down at my cup of black coffee with only a little cream in it. I sighed at his teasing, but smiled over at him.

"I just prefer the taste of actual coffee that isn't run down by sugar." I told him. Patton laughed again.

"You have a very adorable laugh." I told him. Patton flushed a bright red and looked down at his cup. I laughed watching as he struggled to gain his composer after the compliment.

"So do you Logie." He said with a smirk. Than it was my turn to blush. We looked at each other and each burst out laughing.

"I don't think I've ever had this much fun with someone before."  I admitted.  "I rarely get out of the house to do anything with anyone." 

"Oh Logie I'm so sorry."  Patton said comfortingly.  He grabbed my hand and held it tightly.  We both stared at our intertwined fingers. 

"I'm very happy we are friends Patton."  I told him.  Patton smiled brightly, squeezing my hand even tighter. 

"We're friends?!"  He asked excitedly. 

"Yes, we discussed this at lunch earlier today."  I reminded him, smiling. 

"Best friends?"  He asked, a pleading looking on his face. 

"Isn't Emile your best friend?"  I asked. 

"Well yeah, but Emile has Remy now.  So they'll be together all the time now.  So I'll be alone."  He mumbled.  "I hate being alone."  He whispered the last part so lowly that I had to strain to hear it.

"Well, you have me now."  I told him, squeezing his hand.  He looked up at me with hope in his eyes. 

"Forever and always?"  He asked. 

"If you wish, so it shall be."  I told him.  He smiled brightly again, making my heart skip a beat.  I felt my cheeks blush again. 

"Oh I love you Logie!"  He squealed.  He turned bright red as he realized what he said.  "P-platonically of course!"  He added on,  stumbling over the word. 

"It's okay Patton."  I told him with a soft laugh.  "I have a deep regard for you as well." 

Patton jumped out of his seat and sat down next to me in my booth.  He wrapped his arms around me tightly and hugged me. 

I smiled down at him, my heart starting to beat faster again.  I think this is the exact moment that I realized that I have a crush on Patton.