To cry or not to cry

TRIGGER WARNING : mention of epilepsy and severe bullying, blood

Damien POV
Within seconds of Evan showing up with a bloody nose, Quinn went running to him.  They fell into each other's arms. 

Everyone looked at each other uncomfortably.  Virgil gave me a questioning glance. 

"Just go home,"  I told them all.  "You can meet Evan another time."  It didn't take much for most of them to walk away, obviously glad to be relieved of the awkward meeting. 

I quickly followed Quinn over to Evan.  They were holding tightly to each other. 

I reached Quinn who was comforting a now crying Evan.  Quinn looked worried but not shocked.  Like this was a normal thing.

"What happened?"  I asked Evan.  He looked at me wearily, his face blotchy from crying.  But despite all that, he someone still remained beautiful. 

"They shoved me down the stairs again,"  He mumbled. 

"Again?"  I asked, unable to keep the anger and surprise out of my voice. 

"They don't like me there,"  He said, his hands twisting into Quinn's sweater.  "Cause I'm gay.  Cause I'm small and pathetic.  Cause I get seizures."

"You get seizures?"  I couldn't help but ask. 

Evan just nodded, closing his eyes.  Quinn looked over at me. 

"He has epilepsy,"  Quinn whispered to me.

"Damn, I'm sorry Evan,"  I told him.  "Any chance you know the names of those assholes that keep bothering you at school."

"I don't want you getting into more fights,"  Evan told me sternly.  I laughed, earning a smile from him.

"I don't think I can do that,"  I mumbled.  "Here, I can help get the blood off."

Evan turned to me as I pulled a makeup wipe and some tissues out.  I used the wipes to get all the blood off easily, and then handed them the tissues. 

"You seem like you know what your doing,"  Quinn said, his voice laced in suspicion. 

"Let's just say I'm used to patching myself up,"  I mumbled with a shrug. 

"The fights you get in?"  Evan asked.

"No,"  I mumbled.  "Just not the greatest childhood."

The two of them shared a confused look.  I just shrugged again.  Evan sniffled again and wiped his tears away.

He then gave me a surprising hug.  I tensed up a bit and gave him an awkward hug back.

"Thanks,"  He mumbled.  "C'mon, you said you were gonna hang out with us today."

He laced his hand in mind, the other in Quinn's.  He led the way back into the forest, to his and Quinn's secret spot.  That was somehow becoming mine too.

Quinn sat down, pulling Evan into his lap.  I sat a few feet away from them, also on the rock. 

They shared a quick kiss before looking back at me. 

"So what's your story Damien?"  Asked Quinn, a lot more calm now in the presence of Evan.  "Or are you just the mysterious bad boy that shows up senior year and becomes a vigilante for the losers."

I laughed at that.  Because they weren't wrong.  They just didn't know why I was here.

"It's a long story,"  I told them. 

"How'd you get the scar on your face?"  Asked Evan.  Such an innocent question.  Yet it made me so angry. 

But I felt like I could trust them.  I looked down at my feet, pulling he pocket knife out of my jacket.  I opened it, fiddling with the handle.

"You want the actual story?"  I asked, getting angry just thinking about it.  "All the fucked up details?"

"Sure,"  Quinn mumbled, his grip tightening on Evan however. 

I pressed the blade up to the scar going across my cheek. 

"My Dad tried to kill me,"  I stated bluntly.  "Cut up my face and tried to stab me and my mom to death.  All because I was gay.  Because I dated a guy while I was locked up in New Dawn.  It's a mental hospital just so you know.  He hates me.  He hates that I'm bipolar.  He hates that I'm gay.  So he tried to pay any amount of money to make me normal.  And when that didn't work, he tried to kill his mistake." 

I wasn't crying.  The story made me numb.  Drained away my anger.  Because it was the truth.  That I was his mistake.  That I wasn't normal. 

My thoughts were cut off however as Evan pulled me into a tight hug.  This did bring a few tears to my eyes.  No one besides Virgil has ever hugged me, and even then it's been years. 

Evan held my head against my chest, holding me tightly.  He smelled like vanilla and cookie dough. 

"You aren't a mistake just because you don't meet society's standard of normal,"  He told me.  "All three of us here are pretty messed up." 

"I'm severely depressed and I have a severe anxiety disorder,"  Quinn told me, moving into the hug.  "My father's a serial killer.  I'm gay too.  And if I'm being honest, I'm suicidal." 

"I have epilepsy and I'm gay.  My hand got broken by Quinn's father and now I can't play instruments without a brace,"  Evan told me.  "I go to catholic school and get bullied a lot."

"So you aren't as messed up as you think,"  Quinn told me.  "Who cares if you're bipolar.  Or that you're gay.  Or that your father is as fucked up as mine."

"You fit in here with us,"  Evan laughed.  "That's what we're trying to say."

"Thanks,"  I laughed.  "You guys are both a lot more amazing than you give yourselves credit for."

"Nah,"  Quinn mumbled, leaning back on his hands.  Quinn's legs rested on mine, Evan leaning against me while still holding Quinn's hand. 

I think I've fallen more in love with them.  I want both of them.  I want more than anything to be in a poly relationship with them. 

But I have no clue if they would both like me.  I didn't even tell them the whole truth.  That I'm a compulsive liar.  I want them to like me, and whenever I tell people that, it always drives them away. 

"Don't say that about yourself,"  Evan pouted at Quinn. 

"Sorry Buttercup,"  Quinn mumbled with a smile.

"Ooo Buttercup,"  I smirked, making Evan blush.  "That's a perfect nickname for you."

"Oh shush it you two,"  Evan mumbled, putting his blood red face in his hands. 

"And you're starlight,"  I told Quinn, making his blush now too.  His face turned bright red and he smiled a bit.

I could not be more in love with these two.