Mina's Surprise

Kirishima's PoV

Once Mina and I have made it home on the bus, we both collapse on the sofa. Today was so eventful. First, I missed the bus. Second, I met a cute guy. And third, I don't know a third point, it just sounded like three would be the right amount, but ugh.

I could tell Mina felt the same way I did. She was definitely worn out from today. Not to mention my wrists kinda hurt from signing all day. The only thing that could make my day better, would be getting a hug from my twin sister, but I haven't seen her in years. Stupid parents!

I finally stand up, to go to my room, before Mina grabs my wrists. As if my wrists didn't hurt enough. I give her a confused look, implying I wanted her to tell me why she grabbed it.

"I completely forgot I had a surprise for you! I'm glad everyone else said no to hanging out now." Mina said, giggling a little.

This just leaves me more confused than ever. Whenever Mina has a surprise, she never forgets about it, and ends up revealing it during the day. How did she manage to forget. It can't be that good of a surprise if she forgot.

Just as I was about to ask what it was, a knock was heard on the door. Thinking that was the 'surprise' I go to answer the door, just to be pushed down into the sofa. I feel betrayed.

Mina goes to answer the door. It must be some hell of a surprise if she won't even let me answer the door. She doesn't even answer it normally. She opens the door as small as possible but still able to fit through, and closes it behind her. Why does she have to be so secretive about it.

Not long later, she comes back inside smiling like a Cheshire Cat. She must be really impressed with herself if that's the face she's making. Ugh! Why can't she just tell me?

I hear another knock on the door. Are you being serious. I look at Mina to make sure that I can answer this one, and not be pushed back down. She only giggles, before nodding and sitting down herself.

I get up and answer the door. I slowly open the door, nervous as to what might be behind it. I close my eyes, to slowly open them again. As soon as I see what (more specifically who) was behind the door, my eyes widen. How?

The person waves awkwardly, before I jump into their arms. Not expecting that reaction, we fall to the floor. I can't believe Mina did this. Oh my All Might, it's a miracle. Tears form in my eyes, ready to fall any moment. This is the best thing Mina could ever do to me.

I get pushed up. They smile widely, before they grab my attention to their hands. Quickly wiping my eyes, as some of those tears may have fallen. My big white teeth show widely, showing that I was actually happy they were here. This is the first time in months I've smiled a proper smile. I could tell Mina was starting to get worried.

'I've missed you so much since you've left Eiko' Atsuko signed.

I forgot, I didn't tell her my new name. It kinda sent shivers down my spine, seeing that name once more.

You see, Atsuko is my identical twin sister. As I was born a girl, that is why it is possible for us to be identical. She knew that I was trans (as we were very close), I just didn't tell her my new name.

'Actually Atsuko, I go by Eijiro now' I signed back, not wanting to sound rude.

Her face went from confused to sorry in an instant. It was kinda like she forgot I was trans for a second and then remembered. She just looks like she feels really bad for calling me that. She knows about my dysphoria I get, so she must feel really bad.

'I'm so sorry Eik-Eijiro I didn't know you already picked a new name. I feel so bad now. Ugh you must of felt so bad seeing me say that name again. Ugh I'm so dumb and' I slapped her hands softly to get he to stop.

I can tell this is gonna take some time for her to get used to, but I can tell this surprise visit is not gonna be a waste of time.

'It's ok really. I didn't tell you before I left. I'm so sorry I didn't say goodbye to you. I've missed you so much' I sign.

I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes again. I'm just so happy to see her. It's unbelievable. I wish she could stay here forever, but I know she can't.

Before I can sign another thing to her, Mina walks up to us. It's only at this moment that I realise we're still on the floor. I laugh to myself a little.

'Atsuko has something to tell you Eijiro. Seeing you because it's been along time wasn't the only reason why she's here. Wanna explain Atsuko?' Mina signs to us.

Confused but curious, I raise an eyebrow to Atsuko. She only turns her head blushing slightly from embarrassment I presume.

'What did you come here to tell me Atsuko?'