Chapter.28 Baby daddy

"Pregnant?! What? How?" I exclaimed. I didn't know what to say or what to do.

"Well Nicole, when a boy and a girl--" She smartly remarked.

"Shut up. I know that." I hissed.

"Don't get mad at me! I called you over here to make me feel better not worse!" She frowned.

I took in a deep breath and calmed myself. I tried to think clearly. "Sorry. Okay . . . why do you think your pregnant?" I mumbled the word.

She looked down. "I missed my period. And I never do!" She grunted.

"Well . . ." I tried to think about health class. I should have paid more attention and not have passed notes to Christina. Well, she should have paid more attention too. "Sometimes you just miss your period because of stress?" I said.

She looked at me and got a twinkle of hope in her eyes. "I was cramming for my Bio test all weekend. Maybe . . ." She thought. "But I did throw up this morning," She looked down again.

"Did you eat something that was bad? Maybe it was just an upset stomach?" I wondered. I hugged her shoulder and helped her up. "Well sitting in the bathroom, crying, is not what you should be doing right now. Did you take a pregnancy test?"

"No. Not yet. I was waiting for you," She sighed. "I can't do it. I can't go out and buy one. I'll feel dirty and what if Evan see's?" She began to tear up.

"You didn't tell him yet?" I asked.

She shook her head. "No. I . . . I didn't know what to say." She stared at the ground.

I hugger her again and sighed, grabbing my car keys from the sink. "I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?" She asked, tears spilling from her eyes.

"To the store. I'm buying you a pregnancy test." I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Thank you!" She hugged me and walked me out.

As I was in the car, I thought of all the things that would change if Christina was pregnant. She wouldn't be able to go out with me all the time, school would be difficult for her, her parents would never look at her the same. What would Evan do? Would he leave or help her out?

Then I started to think about me. What if I got pregnant with Matt? There was something I haden't thought about.

As I pulled up to the store and got out of the car, I took a deep breath before walking in. I quickly walked over to where the tests were, got the first one I saw and hurried over to counter. I paid, without looking at the cashier, and left quickly.

When I reached Christina's house I noticed Evan's car in the driveway. This should be interesting. As I opened the door, Christina was standing in front of the couch that Evan and Matt were sitting on. All eyes went to me as I stepped in with the pregnancy test in my hand.

Matt's eyes flashed to the little box then to me then back again. He stood up very quickly, almost falling back on the couch. I opened my mouth to explain, but Evan spoke first.

"Is this why you called us over here? To tell us that Nicole's pregnant?" Evan gasped. And I turned red. This was awkward. Christina smacked her hand to her forehead.

"How could she be pregnant if her and Matt have never had sex, Evan?" Christina said, matter of fact. She rolled her eyes.

I looked down and blushed even more. Matt smiled a little, but then looked away from Christin's stare.

"Well this is awkward," Evan chuckled. He took the words right out of my mouth.

"You mean . . . you two?" Christina asked, smirking a little. I nodded. "And you didn't tell me?! You were here this morning! You should have told me!"

"I had more important things on my mind Chris. So did you," I reminded her. Matt snapped his head back up and looked at me, questioningly.

"I guess your right, but we are talking about this later," She said. I rolled my eyes.

"Now, should I tell them or should you?" I asked.

"Okay, what is going on? Nicole? Are you pregnant?" Matt asked me.

I smiled a little and let out a small giggle. "No."

He sighed and smiled with me. "So . . . why are you holding a pregnancy test?" He asked, confused.

I looked at Christina and she sighed. "She got it for me. I didn't want to go out myself so she did it for me." She stared at her feet and the room got quiet.

I looked over to Evan who was shocked. His face fell at first, but then he smiled and chuckled. "Well, if it's a boy I hope he can play football," He winked.

Christina wipped her head around to stare at him with huge smile on her face. Evan grinned and held his arms out for her and she ran into them.

"Chris, if you are pregnant, I'll be here for you." Evan promised.

"Thanks babe, but I think I should go take the test before we start thinking about what sports he's or she will be playing." She laughed. Evan kissed her and she ran up stairs after taking the test from me.

Evan, Matt and I all looked at each other. This moment could change all of our lives. Evan could be a teen father, my best friends could become teen parents, I wouldn't have a friend to hang out with, I would have a mother, Matt's best friend wouldn't be able to do things with him when ever they wanted. This could change everything.

The three of us have been sitting around for only five minutes, but it felt like forever. Evan went in the kitchen to eat and Matt and I were sitting watching T.V.

"What would you do?" I smiled, asking Matt. He looked at me.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, if I was really pregnant. What would you do?" I asked, curiously.

"If you were really pregnant? Huh . . . " He pretended to think about it for a while and I hit his arm. "Hey!" He chuckled "No, of course I would be here for you and the baby. I would love you no mater what and i would love that baby just as much." He kissed my forehead.

"Really?" I smiled.

"Really. But let's try not to have a baby right now." He chuckled and I joined.

"What was going through your head when I came in with the pregnancy test?" I smirked.

He rolled his eyes. "I was thinking about how we would tell your parents. You dad already hates me, we don't need to give him another reason. And you just started to get along with my parents. I thought that relationship was down the drain," He chuckled. "Then I thought about how you were probably feeling, scared and nervous. I thought about what we would do. Should we get a house and move in together, or wait until the baby came. Then I thought about it being a boy and the same as Evan, what sports he would play." He grinned.

"Really?" I giggled.

"Yeah. I'd want him to play football too." He winked.

We talked for a little while more and then Evan came back out with a half eaten sandwich. "Shouldn't she be done by now?" He asked with food in his mouth.

"The box said it should take a few minutes." I said.

Just as I finished telling Evan, Christina came down the stairs. I couldn't tell if she was happy or sad. Her face showed no emotion.

"Well?" Evan asked. "Are we pregnant?"

She took a deep breath, looking around the room. Her eyes stopped at Evan as she opened her mouth.

This moment could change everything.