Chapter.8 Party (Part 1)

SOOOO sorry for the long wait, but here it is! =)

Chapter.8 Party (Part 1)

"Turn left." The automated woman's voice said. The GPS was a birthday present for Christina from her parents about a year ago and she still doesn't know how to use it. Luckily I do. She wanted to take her car so badly, but she wanted me to drive it so we would get there on time. I've been to Evan's house a dozen times before but every time I seem to get lost.

"So you and Evan are like a thing now?" I asked her, breaking the silence. I was quite, intent of listening to the directions, but she was just quiet and it wasn't like her.

"Well, I was hoping he would say that tonight." She blushed. I could tell she really like him. She never acted this way towards a guy before.

"Well I'm sure he'll do something romantic tonight." I said sarcastically.

"Oh yeah, I'm sure high school guys are all about the romance." She said with the same tone.

We carried on the subject for a few minutes more until the conversation took a very unwilling turn.

"So? You and Matthew, right?" She smiled at me, bumping my arm with an elbow.

"Oh God." I moaned. "Not you too!"

"Well, I can't ignore the facts, Nic. He clearly likes you enough to try and talk to you and come out and ask if you were okay like that." She insisted.

I had told Christina what happened with Evan and that I was so upset and then Matthew, unexpectedly, came to me rescue. She then thought we were a match made in Heave when I told her my anklet fell.

"What ever. If I see him, then I see him. I'm not going to ruin my good time by hiding from him." I sighed, knowing I probably would.

"Oh! It's right there!" Christina clapped excitedly as I pulled into the crowded drive way of Evan's mansion.

The whole front of the house was brick with giant glass windows that reflected the light of the shimmering moon. The steps were stone, matching the walkway to the front door and the back. Over the clean, white fence you could see a pear shaped in ground pool with a rock slide and all rock around the pool, except for the part that was sand like a small beach. There was also a big tiki bar with a grass umbrella on top, near the pool.

"Wow." I gasped. "Every time I come here I just fall in love all over again."

"I know right! It's a beautiful house! And he's rich!" Christina giggled.

We both stepped out of the car and stood, staring at the house in amazement. I had a strong feeling I couldn't walk across the grass or I would get yelled at. We both used the walk way to lead us to the front door.

I looked over to Christina and didn't noticed how pretty she looked in her dress. The invitation said dressy casual. She wore a tight black dress that was low cut, but it wasn't too fancy. She looked like she was going to a party, which was exactly what we were doing.

I on the other hand, put the word casual before dressy. I wore tight black shorts with a lacy cheetah print tank top that had black lace all on the back. It was more casual than Christina's outfit, but just dressy enough for a party. We both wore our hair in tight curls, long down our back and held up in a clip, half up half down.

"Hey ladies. Glad you could come." Evan greeted us at the door, drink in hand.

"That better be cool-aid Evan." Christina smirked, kissing his cheek.

"Oh, yeah. Couldn't be a party without that." He smiled.

"I know. Where are they?" She insisted.