Chapter.9 Party (Part 2)

(Official Chapter!)

I couldn't believe what just . . . almost happened.

When I saw his face grow a little more serious, his eyes searching mine, his lips perched, his head inching closer towards mine . . . I backed away and quickly ran off. God only knows how long I wanted to kiss him, but I was suddenly nervous. And what about Natalia? Was he dating her? Did he not tell me. I was in a mixture of anger and pain then.

I sat on the couch in the corner, watching people dance and eat and drink. A few people were absolutely wasted and some were passed out on the couch next to me. I was so mad and confused I decided to leave, but my legs thought differently.

I was suddenly standing at the drink table, pouring shot after shot down my throat. I lost track after four, but by then I was already drunk. Not as drunk as the guys passed out, but almost.

The music suddenly sounded like just noise and the words didn't make any sense. The sounds were just echoing in and out of my ears. My arms and legs felt like jelly and I spun around in a circle making sure they were still there. I fell on the floor and laughed to myself.

"Well what are you going to do?' I shrugged, trying to stand up again, but collapsing to the ground, giggling all the way. I stood up again, my legs staggered, but this time strong arms caught me before I hit the floor.

"Nicole!" He gasped angrily.

"Hey . . . let . . . leh meh go." I laughed, slurred, having way too much fun on my own to let anyone else spoil it.

"Nicole what are you doing?" He said sternly, picking me up bridal style.

"Matt?" I questioned as his face became clearer to me.

He sighed and carried me out the back door, the cool wind hitting my face and it felt nice. Then all of a sudden bright flashes were hitting my face, blinding me and people were yelling from behind the large gate.

"Matthew!"

"Who is that?"

"Where is Natalia?"

"Are you cheating on her?"

"What is that girls name?"

"Where are you going?"

"What are you doing?"

"Matthew! Over here!"

"NO! Over here!"

The voices banged around in my head and didn't make any sense. I groaned with frustration and snuggled closer to Matt's chest. He sighed and kept walking until we were in side the pool house, the flashes and yelling gone.

"Nicole, if you didn't want to kiss me you could have just said no. You didn't have to get drunk." He said sternly.

"Why?"

"Because. Your being stupid, for what? Because you didn't want to admit you might actually like me? You'd rather get drunk and act like an idiot?"

"Okay dad!" I laughed.

"Oh God, your completely incoherent." He groaned.

"Don't be mean!" I got mad. "I wanted to kiss you!"

"Why didn't you then?"

"Cause I didn't wanna." I smiled.

"Nicole your making zero sense." He sighed.

"Neither are you." I pouted. He chuckled.

He stopped laughing and got serious. "Nicole, if you like me can you please tell me? If you don't then . . . that's okay, but I mean, I'd at least like to know if--"