Chapter.13 Shocker

Chapter.13 Shocker

As I watched Natalia flow down the red carpet in a long black, tight dress, I felt the urge to jump threw the TV screen and rip it up. She just looked so perfect with her hair all done up and in a neat, elegant bun, her makeup looked flawless. Who was I to think I came before her?

Then there was Matt.

He looked as gorgeous as ever in his sleek black suit. His eyes sparkled in the flash of blinding lights. But there was something about his face that got me wondering. He looked . . . upset. I couldn't put my finger on it. He was smiling, but I could tell he was faking.

"So here we have miss Natalia Fox and Mr Matthew Palmer," The guy said. He was covering the celebrities coming into the premiere. Those people always bothered me.

"How are you guys doing tonight?"

"Great!" Natalia beamed, tightening her arm around Matt.

"Good." Matt answered.

The man looked at him, but ignored it. "So who are you wearing Natalia?"

She said the name of some French designer that I didn't know and Matt said the same one, glumly.

"So how is the Hollywood 'it' couple?"

"Great! It's hard to find some alone time, but working on the movie and--"

"Done." Matt cut her off.

"What?" The man asked.

"Done. We're done. Well, I guess were not done, considering we never started." He said.

"Matt what are you doing?" Natalia asked.

"Telling the truth. Listen, we were never dating. We pretended we were, but we aren't. We're friends and that's it. I actually have a girlfriend." He almost smirked.

"Really? Who?" The man asked excitedly.

"Her name is . . ."

My heart started beating so fast and my face got all red. I couldn't believe this! What was he doing? He said he didn't want everyone to know about us! He said it would get crazy. Although, I'm sure people would have found out sooner or later.

"Nicole Mullaney. She is my girlfriend." He smiled.

"Never heard of her." The man muttered.

"She's not famous, but I don't care. Now, it you will excuse me Natalia, I'm going to go home. Enjoy the movie with YOUR boyfriend."

As Matt walked off camera, the man then asked Natalia about her real boyfriend. I turned it off, not caring.

I jumped out of bed and let out a loud shriek. My head was pounding with adrenalin and I just couldn't stand still. What do I do? Do I wait here for him to call or should I? Should he know I was watching?

Without even thinking I was already in my white mini skirt, it was the closest item of clothing, with my slippers still on. I ran downstairs, not even caring if my hair was a mess, and looked outside. It was still supposed to be warm enough out to be wearing a skirt so just in case anyone saw me . . . oh, who cares what anyone else thinks?! I need to see Matt!

I skited out of the house, almost falling in a puddle. It was pouring out! It still didn't stop me, I ran to the crappy car in the garage that my dad was supposed to be fixing for me, and turned the key.

"Come on! Come ON!" I begged the car, hoping the engine would start.

"Of course not . . ." I huffed, leaning back in the seat.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the headlights to a car that was unfamiliar to me. Still, fancy as it was foreign. I leaped out of the car and out of the garage into the downpour. As I stood there, staring, a man jumped out of the car in just jeans, no shirt.

I recognized him immediately.

A grin larger than life spread across my face and my heart pounded out of my chest.

"He came." I whispered.

I began to run towards him the same time he ran to me. When I almost slipped again, I flew my slippers off and ran barefoot to him.

"Nicole!" He yelled to me when we closed the gap.

He lifted me off my feet and kissed me, just holding me there in the rain.

It was the most perfect kiss I could ever imagine.

"I'm so sorry! I should have brought you, not Natalia. I broke it off-- our fake relationship, I mean. And I'm so sorry!"

"Matt!" I giggled. "I know. I saw it all." I blushed as he kissed up my neck.

"Nicole . . ." He said unsteady."

"Yes?" I asked, unsure of what his next words would be.

"Don't turn around. Just walk to the house." He muttered.

I wondered what he was talking about when all of a sudden the flashed got brighter and closer. They found us? Already the paparazzi was here, interrupting our moment.

I smiled to him and huffed. "And so it begins."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it and when the kiss in the rain its the book cover!!!!!!!