Chapter.18 Smash crash bang!

SOOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING IN A LONG TIME! There has been a lot going on, but I missed this story and while I was away I thought of more stuff!! Sooooo... here it goes!

Chapter.18 Smash, crash, bang!

"Matt! Matt! Where are you going?! What are you doing?! Matt!" I screamed, frantically chasing after him, but he was already passed the dancing people in side and out the door.

I desperately pushed past the sweaty bodies and left the thumping bass behind me as I ran out the door to the front yard. And of course, me and my boyfriend were not the only ones there. The blinding lights were more annoying than ever at this moment.

"Matthew Palmer! Stop it right now!" I shouted to him as he dashed across the lawn like a mad man. He would not stop. I ran after him.

"Hey guys, get your camera's out." On guy said as we got closer.

"Yeah, here comes some action." Another one smirked. I wish I could smack that smirk right off his scruffy face.

"You think this is funny?!" Matt shouted, very intimidatingly. I was terrified.

"Whoa there buddy, calm down--" The scruffy one stepped back as Matt shoved him with his arm.

"Don't tell me to calm down! And there is no way in HELL that I am YOUR buddy! You got that?!"

He nodded as the other, oh maybe fifteen or so men, snapped pictures. I could see the headlines now. 'Celebrity gone mad!' 'Palmer gone crazy!'

"Who the HELL do you all think you are, taking pictures of MY girlfriend threw her bedroom window, half naked?! You're all a bunch of sick bastards with a bad education and this is the only job you could get. Taking pictures threw a girl's window, you sick assholes!" Matt said, never taking a breath. He socked the scruffy man right in the face as he smirked again. I held in my laugh.

After that punch, Matt went wild. Throwing punches at anyone and everyone who dared to interfere with his right hook . . . or his left. After a few minutes I started to see blood spill on the concrete. That's when I stepped in.

"Matt. Matt. Matt! Stop!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. No one payed a speck of attention to me so I took a step forward. I grabbed Matt's arm with both of mine and pulled, only it wasn't Matt's arm. It was one of the paparazzi's.

I saw an arm swing back, my eye started pounding it hurt so bad, then I just couldn't see anything. Everything was a blur as I hit the concrete.

"Nicole!" I heard as I swung in and out of consciousness. In the distance I could hear the faint sound of sirens and then closer to me, the muffled voices of people from the party who rushed out side. Then, as I felt as though someone was lifting me up, I blacked out.

"Nicole? Can you hear me?" Someone said as a bright light hit me.

I flinched as I tried to open my eyes and was blinded. I knew from that split second of opening my eyes that I was in the hospital. It was obvious. The bright lights, the beeping of equipment, the smell of plastic, it never changed.

"Matt?" I mumbled, blinking a few times.

The man laughed. "No, but he's out in the waiting room. I'm doctor Sullivan." He smiled. "Do you feel alright? No nausea, headache, do you feel dizzy?"

"Uhh . . . a little bit of a headache." I tried to sit up as I blinked and noticed that I couldn't move my left eyelid. It was sealed shut. I touched it and it was cold.

"We put ice on your eye earlier, it's pretty swollen. When you leave you should reaply ice when you get home, just to keep the swelling down. It will be bruised for a while, maybe a few weeks, but no real damage." He shrugged.

"Oh, okay. Thank you." I sighed. I did not want a black eye.

"I'll send Matt in." He smiled as he went to the door. "He's been penitently waiting for you." He chuckled as he stepped out.

I heard the doctor saying to Matt that I was awake and fine. The door cracked open and along with Matt, in flew a bunch of pink balloons. He silently walked in, holding the balloons in one hand and chocolate and a teddy bear in the other. He took the seat beside me and sighed.

"Nic, I'm so sorry . . . you don't even know." He sighed.

"About what?" I asked. He didn't do anything, it was all the stupid paparizzi's fault like always.

"It was my fault that you even got hit in the first place. If I didn't get so out of control, we never would have been out there. I'm not sorry for hitting that one guy, though. He was the one to get the picture."

I did not want to talk about this, about him taking the blame for anything.

"Wait, who are you?' I asked. His face fell and his eyes popped wide open. He extended his arm out and touched my arm. I could tell he was extremely sad and it was mean, what I was doing.

"I'm kidding! Promise! Relax!" I laughed and then got nervous that he would be mad.

He stared at me and then smiled. "Fine, you got me. I deserve it seeing that I got you pretty bad." He sighed, stroking my eye.

"This," I held his hand. "Is NOT your fault. This is all those bastards faults and you had nothing to do with it." I sighed. "Well, I can't wait to see two things."

"What two things?"

"First, what my eye looks like. And two, the new headline in the paper." I laughed.

"Oh, that." Matt rolled his eyes. "I can only imagine."