Chapter.32 My answer

I looked around at all the eyes watching me. Teachers, students, families just walking in. It was all so overwhelming. I couldn't focus on the person who was kneeling down in front of me or the people staring at me or even the fact that my name would be called to walk across the stage in less than ten minutes.

My head felt dizzy. The walls seemed to be closing in on me. I never really passed out before, but I guess this is what you feel like before it happens. I could feel the blood draining from my face and my legs go numb. I knew I must have looked like hell because teachers were all crowding me, telling me to sit and getting me water.

"She needs some room!"

"Someone get her water!"

"I got a chair!"

"Sit down."

"Put your head between your knees."

"Breath in and out."

All the voices were just a buzzing noise in my head. I heard a ringing in my ears and I felt like crying. I was really mad at myself. It was so like me to ruin a perfect thing like this. Here my boyfriend is, the love of my life, proposing to me and I pass out. I wanted to punch myself.

"Everyone get away! Stop crowding her!" I heard Matt shout.

All of the annoying teachers and staff backed up right away. I saw Christina and Evan run over to me and stare. I felt like I was going to die of embarrassment.

"Get back to what you were doing, she's fine!" Christina said as she scowled at all the people. Thank God for her.

"Are you alright Nic?" She asked, bending down to me.

"Yeah, just a little light headed. I'll be okay in a minute." I said. I was feeling better as soon as everyone backed away from me. I didn't hear the ringing in my ears anymore and I felt like I could stand without falling.

I never took these surprise situations very well. I always freaked out or cried, or in this case, almost pass out. Everyone really just needs to warn me before they drop a bomb like marriage on me. Jeez.

"Do you need anything? Like water? Your mom?" Christina asked.

"Actually I just need to talk to Matt for a second." I said, standing up and walking over to the main entrance, a few feet away.

Matt followed quickly and reached out to hold my hand. I turned around to face him and saw that he was terrified.

"Matt, I'm fine," I smiled.

"Really? Because that wasn't the reaction I was hoping for when I asked you to marry me," He smirked.

"You know I hate surprises!" I smacked his arm.

"Well, there really isn't another way to propose without surprising someone!" He chuckled.

"Fine. Your right, but I still hate it." I rolled my eyes.

I saw Christina and Evan spying on us from down the hall.

"I can see you," I smiled and they both laughed.

"Well? What's your answer?" Evan asked.

I blushed as Matt got down on one knee again and popped the question.

"Nicole, I would really appreciate it if you didn't pass out on me this time," he smiled and I laughed. "Nicole Mullaney . . . would you like to marry me?" He smirked, teasing me.

I looked at him for a while, savoring the moment. I would no longer be a high school student from this day on and now I would be engaged too. I smiled, remembering the picture of Matt coming out ot the jewelry store. I remembered what I thought when I saw it. He wasn't even at the store he was photo shopped. Not once did I even consider the possibility of him buying me an engagement ring. And now his tweet made complete sense.

"Answer already!" Christina giggled.

I took one deep breath in and out. I really thought about my answer before giving it and I think I made the right choice.

"No."

I saw Matt's smile fall and his eyes tear up. Evan's excitement completely vanished and Christina's enthusiasm wore off all together. I smiled to myself. That was for all the times he ever fooled me!

"I wouldn't like to marry you Matthew." I smiled. He looked up at me.

I was completely in love with him. How could I not want to marry him and spend the rest of my life with him. Even if I was just a teenager, I knew that my feelings for him would never change, no matter how much he got on my nerves at times. I loved him.

"I would love to marry--"

He cut me off as he pulled me into a deep kiss. He crushed me in a huge hug, I couldn't even breath, but I didn't care.

"I hate you!" He smiled, kissing me all over. I just gleamed with enthusiasm.

"I got you! You should have seen your faces!" I cheered.

"I could punch you!" Christina shouted, running over and hugging me.

"I thought you were serious," Evan frowned. He hated being fooled.

"Nicole Mullaney," I head my name being called from the stage.

"Graduation!" I gasped. Matt laughed, kissing my forehead. "I forgot." I ran off to the stage, but ran right back.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I forgot something," I smiled as I pointed to the ring still in the box. He rolled his eyes and places it on my ringer before kissing me. "Okay, now I'm going!" I laughed, running to stage.

"Congratulations," the principal said and it had a different meaning to me than to the other students.

I looked him in the eyes and gave the biggest smile of my life. "Thank you so much," I said, taking the diploma with my left hand, staring into the diamond ring that would remain forever on my hand.

-----------------------------------------------

This was the last chapter of the book(: I hope everyone liked it!!!

CHECK OUT THE SEQUEL! "MY HUSBAND THE CELEBRITY"

It would be really cool if a book trailer was made for this book(: Anyone know how to make one? It doesn't have to be with the people I cast for the characters, but it would be cool if you could get them to look as close to as I described them(: