Chapter.31 Goodbye high school!

"Now look over here Nicole," My mom said, snapping her fingers at me.

Matt got here around fifteen minutes ago, little did he know that we'd be stuck here taking pictures in our caps and gowns forever.  My dad had left the room after he brought my mom's camera to her. He took one look at Matt's arm around me, rolled his eyes, and walked out. He wanted nothing to do with Matt. This is going to be a problem since Matt will be here a lot.

I didn't get a chance to ask Matt why he was being so weird last night. As soon as he walked in, my mom grabbed with both of us and dragged us over to take pictures.

"I'm not missing one second of my baby's graduation day," She said. And so far, she haden't.

"Mom, we have to be at the school in twenty minutes. Can we please stop taking pictures?" I whined.

Just as she was about to argue with me, the door bell rang.

"Oh that must be Christina and her mom." She smiled, hurrying over to the door.

This is just what I wanted, a second alone with Matt.

"Hey," I quickly whispered to him. "Is there something you want to tell me?" I asked.

He looked taken off guard . . . like I caught him.

"Ah . . . no, I don't think so, I mean no. Nope. Nothing I want to tell you." He stuttered.

"Really?" I mocked. I folded my arms. "Because as an actor, that was a lousy performance you just put on."

"I don't know what your talking about Nicole," He smiled, tickling me under my arm.

"Your so annoying," I sighed and he chuckled as I shoved him back.

I'd get it out of him eventually.

"Hey guys!" Christina smiled, holding her arms out to me. I hugged her hard.

"Where's Evan?" Matt asked, peering around Christina after he hugged her.

"His parents wanted to take him and get pictures and everything," She rolled her eyes. She hated being away from him, especially today.

We took a few more pictures and then we left for the school. Matt rode with us since his parents were flying in from New York and wouldn't be there on time. But they promised him they would make it to see him walk across the stage and get his diploma and that's all he cared about. I was just happy everyone was geting along.

As we pulled into the school's parking lot, I felt my heart pounding against my chest. This was it. This was the last time I would be attending this school. My school. So many memories are enclosed in the walls of this school. I found Matt here.

I could remember the first time I saw him, as he got out of his limo wearing his sun glasses and slipping his driver a tip. I smiled to myself just remembering how I felt. I didn't like him. I hated him. I thought he was an ass. Well, he still is sometimes, but I love him.

It was a sad feeling; to leave the place where part of my life started. But it felt right and graduating with my parents watching, Matt, Evan, and Christina, just felt like the perfect ending to this chapter in our lives.

Matt and I walked hand in hand to the front doors with my parents and Christina and her mom behind us. Her dad was on his way. Even though he wasn't too pleased with his pregnant teen daughter, he wasn't going to miss his only child's graduation.

"Nicole," My dad waved me over.

"I'll see you in there," Matt said as he walked in with Christina.