Chapter.24 Fire

Chapter.24 Fire

"Did you sleep okay?" Matt asked, trying to seduce me from across the kitchen table. He reached his arms out to touch me, but I pulled away.

"Nope." I said, not looking at him.

"Why not?" He played it off like he didn't notice I pulled back.

I glared at him. "I kept having this nightmare that my boyfriend ditched me on our anniversary to be with another girl . . . oh wait, that wasn't a nightmare, you are ditching me for another girl." I laughed sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes and huffed, pulling his arm back. "I'm not having the same fight with you all day."

"All day?" I scoffed. "This is going to haunt you for at least two weeks."

"It's really not a big deal," He shook his head.

"What's not a big deal?" My mom asked as she came down the stairs.

"Oh, I can't wait for you to explain this one!" I gleamed, smiling at Matt. He rolled his eyes. "But I can't stick around to see it. I've got to go. Christina made an appointment for us to get our nails done." I said, standing up and cleaning the bowl of cereal in the sink.

"Oh, Nicole? Would you be taking your car?" My mom winced.

"Yeah, why?"

"It kind of has a flat tire." She said, not wanting to look up at me.

"What? Why?" I had just driven it the other day.

"Well, I tried to cut the grass and . . . long story short the lawn mower got away from me." She shrugged and Matt chuckled.

"Well now I'm going to be late," I sighed.

Matt smiled at me and dug something out of his pocket. "Here," He tossed a pair of car keys to me. "You can take my car, the limo is picking me up soon so I don't need it."

I just stared at him, not wanting to thank him. I gave him a fake smile and walked out of the house.

...

"So he just brought it up and then asked what you were doing? He didn't plan anything?" Christina asked. She was outraged with the stunt that Matt had pulled. She said even Evan was a little disappointed.

"Yup." I sighed. I had to admit, even though I was extremely furious with him, I was more hurt. I thought he changed his whole bad boy-jerk-attitude. I guess not. He still didn't know how to put love first and work second. Besides, this was supposed to be his year off from all that stuff. I guess that couldn't happen.

"Ass," Christina hissed though her teeth.

"Huge one." I nodded as we pulled into the nail salon.

It felt oddly cool driving Matt's car. The car that he rarely uses is, go figure, a Lamborghini. I felt amazing as we pulled into a parking spot and all eyes were on us. Of course, the paparazzi were there, probably thinking it was Matt pulling up.

"Wonder what their looking at," Christina said as she looked out the window.

"What do you mean?" I asked and looked to where she was.

They weren't trying to get pictures of us. They were outside of the salon door, ready with cameras in hand.

"Whatever, let's just try to sneak in." I shrugged.

Surprisingly, we made it past without drawing too much attention. Whoever was in here must be pretty damn special. Right as we walked in I tried to look around and spot a celebrity. My jaw dropped when I saw the flawless face getting her toes done.