Chapter.30 Past and Party

Chapter. 30 Past and Party

I flipped to the last page in my scrap book, lingering on all the details. The shirt I was wearing in the picture, the color of polish on Christina's nails, and the way Matt looked at me, even in a picture. It had been taken at on of the parities we went to this year.

Although I couldn't wait to get out of high school and start my life with Matt, there was a part of me that would really miss all of this. My life was almost perfect now because of the time I had in high school. So I would miss it.

"Nicole! Dinner!" My dad called to me from the kitchen. I put the scrap book away on the shelf and followed the delicious smell of spices.

"Mom, that smell's great," I smiled as she handed me the plate of chicken and pasta.

"It's a new recipe I found," She gushed with excitement. Cooking was her new thing ever since my dad got her 'Cooking for dummies.'

"So what time is Matt coming over tomorrow?" She asked as my dad glared.

"I don't see why he has to come here." He mumbled, taking a bite of the food.

"He's coming here to take pictures before graduation, sweetie." my mom tried to calm him down.

"We can get all the pictures we need after the ceremony, just like everyone else." He said sternly.

Tomorrow was graduation and Matt and I thought it would be nice if he came here to get a few pictures of just the two of us and then drive together. But ever since a a few days ago, my dad had been even more grumpy about me and Matt.

"Well Christina and Evan are going to come a little later," I shrugged, trying to make it better.

"Good, the pregnant eighteen year old and the baby daddy." He rolled his eyes.

"Dad!"

"Well, I'm sorry Nicole, but I don't really care for the people you hang out with. First Christina who seems to always be in trouble and now she's pregnant, then Evan who seems to throw parties every time his parents are away, which is much too often for my likings, and now Matt who is a crazy Hollywood actor. I mean, people associate you with the people you are friends with." He ranted.

I stared at him, not speaking, just burning anger inside. "I just lost my appetite." I hissed, excusing myself from the table and stomping off to my room.

Correction. I couldn't wait to get out of high school, just so I can move out.

"So it was really bad?" Matt asked on the phone. I was filling him in on what went down at the dinner table.

"Really. He's psychotic. One minute he's okay with us dating and then the next he's flipping out. He loved Christina like a second daughter, and now that she's pregnant he doesn't want anything to do with her. I feel like if I make a mistake he'll hate me too." I sighed.

"He can't hate you, your his daughter. He loves you. Everything will be fine Nicole. We are going to graduate tomorrow and have an amazing summer and everything will be fine," he said and I couldn't help but smile.

"I know. It will all work out somehow." I said, sighing.

"Just don't worry about it. Get excited for graduation!" He laughed.

"And my party!" I smiled with anticipation.

My mom was throwing the best party she could. With me being her only daughter, it was kind of hard not to be excited for my graduation. She's invited all of my friends and family, called a cateror, and even gotten a DJ.

"Yeah . . . your party. It will be fun," Matt said, sounding a little nervous.

"Why do you say it like that?" I asked. There was something off about his tone.

"Like what? What do you mean?" He frantically asked. "I didn't say it weird. It's going to be fun. Friends, family, food! Whoop!" He said too fast.

"Matt, relax. What's wrong?"

Then he got calmer, the tone in his voice seemed to get back to normal. "Trust me Nicole, nothing is wrong." He almost laughed.

"Okay . . ." I shrugged.

"Don't think too much about it. I've got to go. I'll see you tomorrow. Love you." He rushed.

"Okay. Love you too," I said, but I think he already hung up.

It wasn't too late and I already took a shower when I came home, so I didn't have to do that. I had some time to spare. Even though I swore to myself that I wouldn't get all caught up in twitter or facebook because there was probably bad things written about me because I'm dating Matt, I had the sudden urge to check.

I reached for my phone and pulled up twitter. I typed in 'Matthew Palmer' and he popped up instantly. I clicked on his name and began scrolling though his tweets.

'Finally graduating tomorrow!'

'Clique is my new favorite song.'

'I love Sushi!'

'So nervous.'

That last tweet caught me by surprise, but I feel like it had to do with the reason he's been acting weird recently.

What was he so nervous about doing?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it was so short! But I wanted to update! The next chapter will be the last and a big surprise!!!!

My cousin is going to propose to his girlfriend of 4 years!!! I was thinking . . . how would you like to be proposed to?

Take this poll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A) In front of a lot of people at a party.

B) In private.

C) On stage at graduation. (If you were in high school)

D) In front of your close family and friends.

__________________**********************--------------------------- Below!

If you were either of the girls (Nicole or Christina) ,how would you like to get proposed to? Put yourself in their places.