Chapter.3 Mall Crawl

"Hey Nic!" My mom called to me from down stairs.

It was ten o'clock in the morning on a Saturday. Why was she waking me up?! She knows I need my sleep on the weekends. Although she might need me to take Muffin out, my puppy. I got her for a birthday present a few months ago. She's only five months old so she's really small, smaller than the usual dog because she's a Yorkie.

"Yeah . . . ?" I answered back, but it came out slurred. I really hoped she didn't need me to take the dog out.

"Honey I'm going to the mall to get a new shirt. Your father and I are going out to eat with some friends later tonight and I have nothing to wear. Do you want to come?"

I thought about it for a while and I decided I should go. I needed new jean shorts because the ones I have now have mysteriously disappeared every time Christina sleeps over.

"Yeah mom. Coming." I sighed, getting out of bed sluggishly. I stared at the wood floor of my room for a few minutes before moving to look at the pink and white walls and then out the window where the sun was shinning.

It was a much too beautiful day to stay in side and sleep. I took another deep breath and stretched before getting ready.

After about ten minutes of getting dressed, putting some makeup on and then throwing my hair up in a messy bun, I was ready.

As I walked down the stairs I noticed my mom and dad standing close to each other with my mom's hands around my dad's hips and they were . . .

"Ew!" I shrieked. They both turned around from their kiss and laughed.

"Oh, come one honey." Laughed my dad. "Don't be such a girl."

"Well I am a girl so . . ." I trailed off smiling, walking to the fridge and pulling out an apple.

"Well you better get going Adam. You don't want to be late." My mom sighed.

"Where are you going on a Saturday?" I asked, taking a bit of my apple.

"Well the boss called me and he needs me at the office for a little. But Jen, I'll be home in time for dinner tonight." He said to my mom.

"Okay sweetheart." My mom smiled kissing him lightly on the lips and then playfully pushing him out the door.

"Bye Nicole! Love you honey!" He shouted out the door.

"Love you too!" I giggled.

"Alright are you ready to go?" I asked my giggling mother.

She flew back into the kitchen, her brown hair bobbing right below her shoulder and her brown eyes twinkling.

"Yes darling let's go." She said, putting Muffin in her bag. I rolled my eyes, smiling at her.

 ---

"Do you like this one? Or is it too flashy?" My mom held up a cute silver sparkle shirt that came off the shoulders.

"No! I love it! Try it on!" I encouraged her, taking Muffin from her.

When she came out of the dressing room my jaw dropped. My mom looked beautiful.

"Mom! I love it! You need to get it and wear it to dinner tonight!" I smiled.

When we were at the cash register, my mom started a random conversation with the young girl working there. Apparently the girl had a puppy and my mom pulled out Muffin to show her off. You know how animal people are.