Chapter.27 Love, love, love

The stars align for Matt and Nicole!

Fans of the couple have given them a nickname. Say hello to Mattcole! Yes, Mattcole's biggest fans have voted on line for our poll we had a few weeks ago. The votes are in and the couples new name has been picked. We just hope they like it!

Fans of the couple will be happy to know that the pair have been going strong for almost a year and things are only looking up. We wish them well!

"What you reading there?" Matt asked as he walked into the kitchen. He walked in my house without asking now. According to my mom, he was always welcome. My dad still wasn't as . . . kind.

"Just our newest head line," I smiled.

He laughed and sat next to me, taking the magazine from me.

"Say please next time." I smiled and he furrowed his brows.

"Why did you keep it? You hate these things."

"Because it says the nicest stuff about us," I giggled and he tickled me.

"Ah, let's see," He looked at the end paragraph. "Blah, blah, blah, the couples new name is Mattcole? Eh, I guess that's okay," He shrugged and I laughed. "Better than Robsten and Bragelina," He winked. "The couple has been going strong for a year. Huh. I guess we have," He smirked.

"Yes we have and don't you forget because the one year anniversary is way more important than any other!" I elbowed him.

I thought he would have pushed me back, like we always do, but when he looked up I was shocked. He gave me the most loving look. I couldn't describe it. He just looked so happy to . . . to be with me. It reminded me of when he gave me the same look at the hospital about two months ago.

* * *

(At the hospital two months ago.)

Matt and I had just been rushed in minutes ago and he had already gotten x-rays of his legs. We were waiting in the emergency room for the doctor with the results. Matt was in the stretcher and I sat next to him.

"Nicole?" He asked. I looked up at him, my eyes tearing up a little.

"Yes?"

"I just want you to know . . . this isn't your fault. You know you can't control what other people do. That guy was going to hit me, not you." He said, a serious look on his face.

"Matt, just imagine if I pulled out before you, then you wouldn't--"

"But you would have! I would rather be here, getting x-rays and being rushed to the hospital, than for you to go through it!" He shouted and I jumped back. He took a deep breath. "Sorry, I just don't want to think of you getting hurt." He sighed. "I've already seen that and I really don't want to again."

"Matt . . . don't worry about anything. You are going to be fine." I looked at him, taking his face in my hands. "Your going to be fine," I repeated.

And then he took me off guard, staring back at me with love in his eyes. That's what it was, pure love. There was no other way to describe it.

"Nicole. I love you." He said fiercely. "No one else has done what you have done for me. You stayed with me, right by my side, while they took me from the car. You are so strong and I love that about you." At first I didn't know what to say. He never was this serious before, so I just joked to break any tension, even though I felt the exact same way.

"Matt," I smiled. "Your not going to die, you know. These aren't like, your last words on your death bed." I lightly chuckled and he smiled.

"I know, but I feel like I don't tell you enough."