Chapter.14 Coffee run in

THE TRUTH COMES OUT. The magazine title hit me like a ton of bricks. I let out an awkward little laugh as I skimmed the pictures directly below the article, which was all about Matt's speech at the premier.

"Yeah, the truth." I sarcastically said to myself. Nothing about these magazies are ture. They take a little bit of what you say and twist it to make a good headline.

The pictures were of Matt and I in the rain . . . oh, that kiss in the rain. So far, that kiss was the only part of my life that was from a romantic movie. I blushed a little at the sight of us. It was highly embarrassing to know that the picture you are looking at is the same one millions of other people across the country are also looking at right now. And to top it all off, they weren't just looking at some picture. They were looking at a picture of me.

All in all, I would not have traded that moment for anything. Even though pictures of our public display of affection were in a worldwide magazine . . . I still wouldn't have traded it.

Last week was one of the best weeks I have had with Matt. After that kiss he had dinner at my house with my parents. They seemed to like him once they got over the fact they had the worlds most popular teen actor in their kitchen.

Matt told me he liked them too which was a huge weight off of my shoulders. At least I know he wont have to be rushing to get out of my house before my parents got home.

At school we tried to keep our distance until we had a class together, then we would sit next to each other. He always had his hand on my knee at the beginning of class and by the end it was rubbing my inner thigh. What could I say? He is a jerk, still, but he's my jerk.

We tried to stay away from each other in the halls if we could. 'As little attention we can get the better.' He said. There was no way the paparazzi could get pictures of us threw the classroom windows, but in the halls they could. If we could help it, there wasn't going to be another headline about us.

I was lounging across my bed, attempting to get my home work done, as my phone began to ring. I didn't eve bother to read the caller ID.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Nic, what's up?" Christina asked all giddy.

"Trying to finish this bio home work, but I'd rather talk to you." I laughed, pushing my book to the floor.

"Good! You'll never guess--"

"It's about Evan right?" I smirked.

"Yeah! How'd you know?!"

"Just a hunch." I laughed.

"Nicole!" My mom called from downstairs.

"Yeah?"

"You need to take Muffin out. She's been crying and looking outside for a while."

"Okay. be right there." I huffed. "Hey Christina can I call you back?"

"Sure. Tell Muffin I say hi!"

"Sure thing." I laughed and hung up.

"Muffin! Where's my baby?" I called to her in a baby voice. She began to jump and bark as I declined the steps. "Someone needs to poop, doesn't she?" I cooed.

My mom laughed from the living room. "Ew. Just take her out." she pretended to get grossed out.

"Fine." I smiled. "Come one baby." I picked her up and carried her out.